What's new

Paradigm setup questions (1 Viewer)

Blaine P

Agent
I have decided to go with the following HT setup which fit my home decor (thus smaller fronts) and budget (same):

1. Paradigm Atoms fronts
2. Paradigm CC-170 center
3. Paradigm PDR-8 sub (will likely upgrade to PDR-10 next year with the 100% credit offered).
4. Paradigm CS-50R in-ceiling surrounds (3 total) (yes, I know, in-ceiling is not ideal, but is a requirement unfortunately).

Total Price: $855

My questions:

1. What receiver (under $500) matches best with this setup? (thinking either yamaha or panasonic xt45)
2. The Atoms recommended amp range is up to 80 watts with max input power at 50 watts. Is 100 watt per channel too much or causing trouble?
3. Does this price seem right or too high?

Thanks again.

douglas-b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Douglas Berry
I'm running my Atoms as surrounds with a Denon 1804,90 watts per channel and I don't have a problem.
I'm also using the CC-170 as my back surround...with no problems.

Blaine P

Agent
Thanks for the info. I want to ensure that I have enough power to hear them in all their glory, yet not risk damaging them. I am assuming these speakers are fairly efficient.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
They are decently efficient, and don't worry about too much power. Too little power is more likely to cause damage through clipping than having more power available. Overdriving speakers is difficult to do unless you have earplugs on and are standing outside and turn it up all the way. Doing this is more likely to cause damage with underpowered amps anyway. The atoms are nice, a decent receiver should be fine, all the regulars would work

denon, hk, marantz, outlaw, pioneer elite, sony es, integra/onkyo, yamaha, etc etc etc

Blaine P

Agent
Thanks. I am also wondering about the Panasonic XR-45 (or coming XR70) because of its good reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks