What's new

Paradigm Servo 15 Questions (1 Viewer)

Jerry Raupp

Auditioning
Here goes...

1. What is the difference between the Servo 15 and the 15a?

2. When did the change take place?

3. How can you tell them apart?

Thanks

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
My guess is that its just the "v2" version of the Servo, there probably aren't any differences end users can see (probably just simplifying construction or something similar). Most likely, you'll be able to pick up a an older model for a little less while your dealer tries to get rid of them.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
The 15a has been around for at least 2.5yrs (that's when I got mine from the dealer). I haven't seen or heard a 15 so I don't know if you easily tell the difference. The 15a is labeled as such on the plate amp.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Greg, I've just ordered a PW-2200. $729. How much would a Servo 15 be?

I hope that SVS guy stays out of this...I am so sick of all this SVS lust going on around here!!

Ken Hoyme

Grip
Servo-15 lists for $1500 in the US, $1800 in Canada (which is about $1250US) -- can find them at discount.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
I thought the *a* was for an updated amp section that took care of some minor transformer noise? Not sure about that though.

TV

Zbigniew

Stunt Coordinator
Jerry, a was for update. Mine is over a year old.

Alan, take a chill pill - and start behaving.

_zjt

Cam S

Screenwriter
I think some poeple need to grow up, not to name any names....*cough* Alan *cough*

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
dose paradigm make a servo 18" sub i thougt they did i was real interested in them at one time i thank about them a lot i need a good big sub for a reasonable price, i dont know about the svs sub why do they have to upgrade all the time. why do they bottem out.

thanks

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
Yes, damn SVS for improving their products and making those improvements available to their customers.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Paradigm doesn't make a 18" servo model. They intro-d a servo25 at CES a couple years ago...but it seems to be vapor now. It was a better 15" driver if memory serves(not a 25" driver :) ).
SVS has offered one upgrade program in our history...so I'm not sure how this can get twisted into a "why do SVS owners need to upgrade all the time" reflection? In hindsight...it seems to be one of our better ideas really...being very well received by past SVS owners for the most part.
TV

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
I wasn't even aware that there was a Servo-15a, but I just looked at my Servo-15's amp plate and it says Servo-15a, so I guess I got an updated version. Got mine about half a year ago, and been enjoying it a lot really. It plays really really loud coz I have a smallish room, but lots of air volume since its linked to the master bedroom downstairs(sorta a balcony HT). On loud LF passages I can hear various items around the room rattling, which is 1 of the 2 bad things about owning it. The other is the size - its huge considering my room size.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
In general in Canada the PW2200 goes for around $900-$950 after tax and the Servo15 goes for around $1500-$1550 after tax (with a little bartering). I know someone who got the Servo15 for that price, and I've seen many reports that the PW2200 can be had in that price range.

That comes to around $500USD for the PW2200 and around $840USD for a Servo15.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks