Paradigm Servo-15 or Mirage BPS-400

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Barteaux, Jun 15, 2002.

1. David Barteaux

David Barteaux Stunt Coordinator

I can purchace both subs for the same price here locally. Before lugging both home to demo, is the Mirage in the same league as the Paradigm Servo-15?

2. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

This is an interesting comparison. I have not compared the two directly, but I've heard that many feel the Mirage is tighter. Not sure how valid that is. Is there any way you can compare the two yourself? It would be an interesting test. I have a Mirage BPS-400 and I have never heard distortion from this monster. It works very well in my experience.

3. David Barteaux

David Barteaux Stunt Coordinator

These two Canadian made subs compete directly with each other here but I've never actually spent some time listening to both. I have listened to the Paradigm more than the Mirage and I keep thinking that the Paradigm is less boomy. I would like to hear opinions of from people who have owned both or dealers who carry both lines. That would be cool [​IMG]

4. Phil_O

Phil_O Stunt Coordinator

I also own a BPS 400 and believe it is more of a home theater sub than for music. It definitely plumbs the depths you'll need for home theater (and reaches the SPL's you want) but it may not be as "fast" for some musical tastes. It depends on what you're using it for. I haven't heard the Paradigm model so I can't compare the two.

5. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I like my subwoofer and I actually do feel its tight for music, what with two smaller drivers in a bigger overall enclosure than the Servo 15. The Mirage is a different animal with bipolar driver configuration. I still would like to give the Servo a listen though, as it is quite well regarded for tight low bass. Hmmmmm. Now I'm curious. I'm going to go and listen to the Paradigm Servo 15 once and for all [​IMG]