Paradigm servo 15 in Vancouver, BC?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew_B, Oct 20, 2001.

1. Andrew_B

Andrew_B Stunt Coordinator

I've finally decided to cave in and get a sub for my home theater system (studio 80s, studio CC, and titans), and after auditioning a few have decided to pick up a Servo 15. I almost bought it in the store, but thought I should go home and do a few HTF searches to see if anything popped up. I had no idea that Paradigm speakers had such a huge discount if bought in Canada. Instead of paying $1300 US locally, I am tempted to take a road trip up Hwy 5 to Vancouver, BC and pick one up there. Has anyone recently purchased a Servo-15 in Vancouver, and if so would you mind telling me what store you went to and how much you ended up paying? Thanks.

2. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    I believe someone picked this sub up for $1050 without the crossover in Kelowna BC, which wouldn't be much farther for you than Vancouver. I can't remember the store but there shouldn't be too many Kelowna dealers when you do the paradigm.ca dealer search. Good luck.
    ------------------
    I AM CANADIAN!

3. AaronNWilson

AaronNWilson Second Unit

Well i thought the guy in Kamloops paid 1100 without the crossover. Kamloops is about 3 hrs from the border at lynden washington.
    The X30 is valued at 189 separately so the guy really just saved 10 bucks at Kamloops so you would more than go through that in gas.
    I bought a servo 15 in black with the X30 about 3 weeks ago for 1300, then plus 14% tax which makes it 1482.
    However you can get the pst back at the border and I think you can post in for the gst rebate yourself.
    So your basically looking at 1300 CAD with the crossover or about 825 US, so bascially if you can do it on the weekend it would be more than worth the money in gas [​IMG].
    Aaron

4. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Andrew, and the places you can look for the Servo-15 are Audio Video Unlimited (check their website for locations www.avu.ca ). I think that's the best place to go for a discount.
    Patrick
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection
    Patrick The 69th most popular name for boys according to the Social Security Administration.

5. Andrew_B

Andrew_B Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the replies. $1300 CDN sounds much better than $1300 US. It will definitly make up for 600 or so miles of driving. I'll stop by Audio Video Unlimited and hopefully walk out of there with something.