Paradigm Reference Series Pricing

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Bill Blank, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Bill Blank

Bill Blank Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know what the USD suggested retail price and street price would be for:

Studio 100 v3
    Studio 20 v3
    Studio CC-470 v3

Thanks,
    Bill

2. Ben Stern

Ben Stern Stunt Coordinator

Bill: When they were introduced in June 2003, the following were the suggested retail prices:

Studio 20 - $800/pr; Studio 40 - $1100/pr; Studio 60 - $1500/pr; Studio 100 - $2200/pr; CC-470 - $600/each; CC-570 - $800/each; and ADP-470 - $950/pr. In February, I purchased 2 pair of Studio 20's and a CC-470 and paid $1870 which means I got 15% off list if my math is correct. However, I've heard that prices on the Studio line are going up or have gone up.

3. Daryn D

Daryn D Agent

Before buying the 100's, take a listen to the signature 2's. Obviously the bass won't be there, but if you have a good subwoofer you'll do fine. The S-2's sound is amazing and will work especially well if they are not in a large room. They list at $2100

4. Bill Blank

Thanks for the replies. Ben, any idea why they'd be raising their prices??? I was originally quoted what looks like 15% off of those retail prices but I've got an inside connection at another local dealer and wanted to give my guy some sort of target pricing, 20% off hopefully. I'm trying to break-even with selling my Vienna Acoustics system.

Daryn,

I'm not a big fan of using a sub for 2-ch listening so that's a big part of the reason I'm upgrading from my Vienna Acoustics Mozarts to the Studio 100's. I still needed a sub to fill-in with the Mozarts but that will be a lot less likely with the 100's based on every review I've read.

Bill

5. Ben Stern

Ben Stern Stunt Coordinator

Ben, any idea why they'd be raising their prices???

This is just some internet buzz I picked up. If it's true, it's just the law of supply and demand. If they're hot sellers, the price goes up.[​IMG]

6. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

I would think the change in price reflects the change in the value of the US Dollar to CDN dollar.

Kevin

7. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

yeah, probably...the Studio 100s are $2300 list now.

8. ChrisDixon

ChrisDixon Second Unit

Wow... if the prices are going up again, it might be a good time to see if anyone has any v2s left. I recenlty got a pair of Studio 20s that a dealer had left over for $425. There are usually some used Paradigms around too for bargain hunters.

9. Bill Blank

That was the first thing I did. I called my local Paradigm dealer and asked if they had any v2's left. The answer was no and the salesman went on to tell me how the highs and mids are even better on the v3's. He said the local Paradigm rep was trying to unload a pair of 100v3's for $1400 because he just upgraded to Signature 8's. Problem is he wants cold hard cash and I'd rather throw it on a card to give me a chance to sell my Vienna's.

I'm trying to use some other connections to see what the best price I can get is. I'll keep everyone posted. In the meantime, if anyone knows anyone who'd be interested in some Vienna Acoustics, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill