Paradigm Reference SA-30 vs. B&W Signature7NT - (WAF Driven)

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Terrance.J, May 27, 2003.

1. Terrance.J

Terrance.J Auditioning

Because of a sub-par WAF, I must choose in-wall fronts. [​IMG]

Included in the purchase will be a center channel speaker. I have narrowed it down to the Paradigm SA-30s with the Reference Studio CC center channel and the B&W Signature7NTs with the CMC center channel (the WAF negated the CDM CNT center channel).

I was leaning toward the Paradigms, but the only Paradigm dealer here in Phoenix was firm on MSRP less 6% (which by the way will probably cost them my business). The only B&W dealer quoted 10% initially, without any haggling. As it stands, the difference in the two purchases is $300 in favor of the Paradigms.

Because in-wall speakers are not ideal to begin with, it is extremely difficult to decide. Both speakers sounded “OK”, which is probably as good as its going to get.

I am looking for not only speaker choice opinions, but also feedback on a good discount percentage to shoot for on both the Paradigms and the B&Ws.

2. Nick L

Nick L Second Unit

Maybe you could try showing the wife some Magnepan's. I saw some at my local dealer that instead of being floor standing they had a hinge like connection to the wall and could rotate out for listening and then rotate almost completely flat against the wall. Could be an option.