paradigm question

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by tomHibbs, Nov 24, 2004.

1. tomHibbs

tomHibbs Auditioning

I am trying to make a decision, currently own monitor 7s v3 up front. have a chance to get studio 20s v2 would you stay with the monitors or go with studios. I have reference cc center channelv2 with monitor 5s v3 surrounds, denon 3802 receiver, I would probably go to 370 center if I kept monitors, thanks ahead of time for your input.

2. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

As long as you have a sub, get the 20s. The Studio-CC is a big improvement over the 370. And the 20s have a much better midrange and clarity than any of the Monitors.

The only reason you might keep the 7s is if you do not have a sub. Although the 20s go deeper than you might think.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I would definitley go with the 20s. You will lose some output, but the clarity is worth it, IMO.

4. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Absolutely go with the 20s. I say that assuming you have a good sub, though.

5. Jake S

Jake S Stunt Coordinator

I like the 20's as well , but after demoing some mini monitors and focus' last night and being quite impressed, I will surely take more time with the other "lines" as well.

6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The Minis have very good bass response, but the 20s are noticably better in detail and depth. The cabinet on the 20s is much more substantial and they can handle a lot more power. IMO, I'd get 40s rather than 20s, especially in a larger room, but the 20s are still very good.

7. Kurt Charnoski

Go for the 20's I'm a sucker for going with the better sounding speaker.