paradigm pw series subs......pw2500???

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by scottAtah, Sep 9, 2004.

1. scottAtah

scottAtah Extra

OK, so i've been lookin to order a sub lately, and am pretty settled on the paradigm pw-2200. I originally wanted the 2100 due to it's size, but the guy deal with only carries the pw-2200 and the pw-2500. I've concluded this 2500 is the 15" version of this sub, but i can't find jack on the paradigm website about it.

Later talking to my bro about his sub, it's apparenlty a pw-2200 as well, cept a couple years older, and according to him has an 800w amp in it. So now i'm really confused there seems to be all sorts of different version of the pw series of subs.

The website shows the current pw-2200 as having a 400w amp. Talking to my guy, he's gonna give me a call when these subs arrive (on order from paradigm) - i'm just wondering, am i likely gonna be getting a 400w amp as per the website? Whats this pw-2500??? can't find it on their website. Did they ever make a pw-2200 that was powered with 800w?

2. TimMc

TimMc Stunt Coordinator

Well you've confused me now, too. As far as I ever knew, the PW-2500 was the older 15" sibling of the PW-2200. I don't remember ever looking into it in great detail (that was probably 5-6 years back?) but I don't think they came w/ 800W amps.

The only current Paradigm sub that I've ever heard called a 2500 is the Signature Servo 15" unit. I think the local dealer called it the Server-2500 but I'm probably getting old(er) & stupid(er) so take that w/ a big block of salt. I do specifically remember that it had a light-dimming rating of 1200W or so for its amp ('cause I remember joking about how I'd probably have to run another transmission line from the local nuclear power plant to try out all of the goodies that they were trying to talk me into...)

Good luck finding more info. Did you ever run a search on any of the audio sites like AudioReview to see if they had info on a PW-2500? You might have to use the include older products option to see it.

3. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Unless they just rereleased a sub using the same name this sub hasn't been made in a number of years, I'd guess 6!

Stange that I can't find it in the archive section on the Paradigm website. I guess it didn't sell well since the 2200 was a killer deal when it came out.

try this

or better yet

B

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Servo 15 replaced the 2500 didn't it? Now you have the Sig too...

5. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

The pw2200 had a 250 watt rms and 750 watt peak amp. (Now according to Paradigm they have 400/1500 watt amps). They came out with the 2500 at the same time as the 2200, but I don't think it sold well because for not much more you could get way better performance with the Servo 15. Or for less you could approach it's performance with the 2200.

Now their line includes. The 2100, the 2200, the Seismic 10 and 12, the servo 15, and the Signature servo. I think the Seismics and the new and improved servo 15, and the Sig sub, contain the same amp rated at 1200rms/4500 watts peak.

6. scottAtah

scottAtah Extra

OK, what you guys say all makes sense, maybe jonny dealer, meant the server 15.....all in all, i ordered the pw-2200 so it sounds like it'll have a 400rms/1500peak which should be decent enough.

Thanks for clearing things up fellas

7. Jake S

Jake S Stunt Coordinator

wait for it......

wait for it........

8. scottAtah

scottAtah Extra

So....the sub was just ordered from paradigm...and just got to me today.

Adding to the confusingness it says 750w on the back of the sub by where the power cable connects. I guess they're still making the 250/750w subs?

BTW Paradigm PW-2200 V2 is the model

9. DonJ

DonJ Second Unit

You got a V2 and not the new V3. TAKE IT BACK

10. ChrisHeflen

No doubt! If they cost the same and the v3's are out, take it the heck back and say you want v3!!!!

Tell them I said!!!

11. scottAtah

scottAtah Extra

hmmm I wonder if this is somethign i can deal with paradigm directly on? I got the sub for a good deal cost+10% and ended up ordering it from a guy in another province (used to live there, good friends) so i don't necessarily wanna have to ship it back....and it's not like it's not enough (250w but i thought i was getting 400 and like you guys said why settle for 250, when 400 is the same price).

Ultimately i don't wanna create a hassle for the guy i got it from cause he's always helping me out....and i don't know if paradigm is a company that might get mad at a dealer for selling their product for lower than a certain price???

12. Steve Lucas

Steve Lucas Stunt Coordinator

I have a PW-2200 V2 and if I'm not mistaken, tha amp is rated at 750w RMS/1200 peak.

13. Jake S

Jake S Stunt Coordinator

wait for it.......

wait for it.......

14. scottAtah

scottAtah Extra

hmm well the website is kinda useless, it talks about 250/750 and 400/1500 so i dunno about 750/1200 thats the first i've heard.

Hmm i guess all in all, it only like 2db really....and a lotta work

If paradigm would ever respond to an email that'd help....i dunno about this "get back to most within 24h" stuff.

15. Jake S

Jake S Stunt Coordinator

wait it is comming......

16. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

SVS

17. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

...not in Canada [​IMG] , too expensive.

18. ChrisHeflen

Always gotta be one of those.

And we were doing so well...

19. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

What in the world are you talking about?

20. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

[RANT]
    The mindless, oft repeated suggestion to buy an SVS no matter what Subwoofer has been mentioned in a post, even when no info has been requested for that brand or any other brand for that matter.

Goes hand in hand with the 'I'm thinking of ordering an SVS', 'I have ordered an SVS', 'my SVS is here', yadda yadda ad infinitum. Brand loyalty gone mad.
    [/RANT]