What's new

Paradigm PW-2200 sub - How much should I pay? (1 Viewer)

MichaelSLB

Agent
Hi

I'm looking at buying a Paradigm PW-2200 (the newest
version) and am wondering how much people are paying for
them (Canadian)?

A dealer told me $1,100 CAD, which I know is WAY too
much. I was thinking more around $800 - $900 should be
possible.

Any other Canadians care to chime in on this with prices
you've personally paid, or seen -- and where?

If it helps (or you can recommend a dealer) I'm in
Edmonton, Albetra.

Thanks,
Michael

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
I always try to aim for 20-25% off retail prices. In this case that would be $825-880.

As for a dealer, I would recommend Audio Ark. I've been there a couple times. They are really nice people and I'm sure they can make you a great deal.

Rick Lyon

Stunt Coordinator
Yea, I might be getting the 2100 ($729) using the trade in policy, and remember the 2200 was in the $800-$900 area US.

Ken Leggatt

Stunt Coordinator
I am gald I caught this! I paid 670 CDN for mine before taxes @ Audio Video Unlimited in Surrey, BC. I also had them throw in the 20' sub cable. DO NOT pay $1,100! At that price you can get yourself a Servo 15.

The PW 2200 is more sub than most would need. I think mine has destroyed my hot water tank :)

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
Ken, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you bought the recently discontinued PW-2200, which is why you were able to get it a such a low price. Michael is talking about the new PW-2200, which Paradigm released a few months ago. It's retail price is a little higher than the older PW.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
If I remember right I paid $650CDN for my PW-2100 which listed for $890CDN. So you should be able to get the PW-2200 for $800CDN+ Just go into your local dealer and tell them you what you want to pay. If they say no walk out, leaving your name and number so they can call you if they want too deal.

Kevin

MichaelSLB

Agent
Thanks guys!

Here's what I ended up doing... with the great advice from
Chris (thanks!):

I went with a Paradigm PW-2200 V2 for $872 (from Audio Ark
- Edmonton), and they'll give me FULL trade-up value when I
want to upgrade to the new 12" Seismic sub or Servo 2500!

The Seismic 12" looks like it's gonna be a real giant
killer.

...And I think they're gonna have them in about 45 days or
so. Yippe!

Thanks all! :)

Michael

P.S. I've got the PW-2200 V1 at home right now while I wait
for my new V2 to arrive in 7 - 10 days. But man, this is
one nice sub. Watched The Predator tonight in DTS and had
tons of fun. ;-)

GrahamJW

Stunt Coordinator
Hi:

I purchased a PW2200 version 2 for about $900 Canadian. This price maybe on the high side, but I am from a small town in Northern Ontario Canada and competition is very low (which doesn't help with competitive prices). I know that with the release of the new version (v2) early in the spring and release of the PW2100 it raised the retail of the PW2200 a bit. If you look at the MSRP of the PW2100 is almost the same as the MRSP of last years PW2200 v1 model.

I love my PW2200; it pumps out some nice bass...I do notice the amp gets very hot to touch..I got in touch with Paradigm service and they mentioned this was normal...does anyone notice this with their PW2200 v2s? I notice there were heat fins on the back of the version 1s that aren't present in the version 2s. So far, I have had the sub for 4 months and it has performed beyond expectations....

Ken..if you got a PW2200 version 2 for $670 CDN before taxes that is a great deal...

Cheers..John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks