What's new

Paradigm PW-2200: Not Powering On (1 Viewer)

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
Hello,

I have a Paradigm PW-2200. it is roughly 5 years old, and was bought new. It has seen no abuse, nor been pushing anywhere near it's limits in this time. It'd been working flawlessly up until yesterday. I hadn't used my HT in about 2 days, and when I went to listen to a CD, my PW-2200 did not auto-power on, as it usually does. I switched to a DVD source, then to television, no luck. Unhooked it from my Denon 1802, rewired it, still no go. Ran an extension cord from a power outlet I confirmed to be working, nothing either.

I toggled the switch in back to "Always On", and it's still dead. Not powering on, period. Cosmetically, it's 5/5, and it's never been opened nor had an issue before this point. I've ruled out Receiver settings, ruled out a bad power outlet as well.

Being out of warranty, what are my options? I'm thinking I may have to send the Amp module back to Paradigm, and if so, does anybody know how much they are likely to charge, or if they will even provide this service? I sent them an email, but they do not respond on weekends.

Thanks for any help or idea's you can provide.

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Scott. What a bummer. Does the light in the front work? And, you can remove the amp section and check for a fuse and/or remove the speaker and check for loose wires. One of my 2200's was making a strange sound, so I removed the driver and found a loose wire. Can't hurt, right.

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
Hi Del,

The front light not turning on was what first caught my attention that it might be a power issue, and not a setting in my reciever or loose cable.

I haven't opened my sub, but I've seen the amp out of a 2200 before, and it's pretty busy looking with all the different components. If a fuse were the issue, I'm not sure I'd be able to identify it properly. I'm going to open it and check the internal connections tonight, and will post the results here.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
So, it seems I have a blown fuse. The fuse says MDL 2 1/2, and is rated at 2.5A 250V. It measures exactly 32 mm (1 1/4 inches) from end to end.

Anybody know where I can find one in Canada? Radio Shack does not exist in Canada anymore, anywhere else I could order some online?

Thanks!

Bill Millar

Auditioning
Order these fuses from Radio Shack:

Part Number: 270-1024, pkg of 4, $3.50 US.

If this is not working, Paradigm will fix it for a Maximum of $100.00 US. They told me if it keeps blowing fuses it is usually the Driver. I've had the same problem in the past, when you take the amp out you will have to unhook the speaker wires, and make sure you put the red and the black back in the right spot. If you just can't get any fuses let me know and I can send you some.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks