What's new

Paradigm PS1200 vs. PW2200 (1 Viewer)

KevinR

Auditioning
Hey,
I was wondering if anybody has heard both of these subs and could tell me the differences. I know the PS is bandpass and the PW is front firing. I have heard the PS1000v4 and I really liked it. I am thinking of getting the PS1200v4, but wanted peoples opinions. I have been reading that the v4 is a lot cleaner then previous versions. Thanks.
Kevin

Scott Stephens

Stunt Coordinator
the ps-1000 has a 10" woofer that's downward firing, with a 130 watt amp, i think.

the pw-2200 has a 12" front firing woofer, like you said. its amp is 250 watts and it costs substatntially more (and goes down lower), if i'm not mistaken. but i would definitely spring the extra cash and get this sub over the 1000, if you're still trying to decide between the 2.

i've had a 2200 for about 5 years and it's served me quite well. awesome on movies, a little slow with fast musical passages, but a very good sub.

i'm not sure about the differences between the v4's and the older models

you might also check into SVS to see if they have a comparable model that would fit your price range.

definitely try to listen before you buy. good luck!

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I own a PS-1000 v3. It can be very boomy if not tweaked. But it is also cery strong for it size and price. But now that I own a SVS, I can easily see what the PS series lacks. The PW-2200 is a big improvement over the PS series, and is very close to SVS performance, but also well into SVS price ranges.

KevinR

Auditioning
Well, I have a buddy who sells them and he didn't like the ps1000 v2 or v3 because of it being boomy, but he loves the v4. He says he doesn't know what they did, but it is a lot better. I have heard the ps1000v4 and I thought it sounded real good. I can get the ps1200 for around 600 and I know the pw2200 is around 900. I would rather not spend the extra 300 if the ps1200 will suit me fine. The room its goin in is about 29ft by 11ft.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That's a pretty big room. I'd go with the PW2200. Bandpass subs are never going to be stellar performers. For about the same price as the 1200 (actually a little less before shipping), you could get a SVS 25-31PCi that would blow the PS1200 out of the water without breaking a sweat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks