Paradigm pricing?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Will-Layfield, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Will-Layfield

Will-Layfield Stunt Coordinator

I have gone to two retailers so far and one has been fairly priced. I think he said that they sell either 10% or 10$ off msrp. They had atoms at $180, titans at $215, and cc-170 at $180. I thought these were reasonable considering the other store(paradigm dealer) I went to was $20 more for everything individually. What do you guys think?

2. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

You should aim for at least 20% off list for speakers...especially since markup is usually in the 50% region...if not more.

I don't have my Paradigm price sheet in front of me so I can't comment on the prices specifically.

3. Yung

Yung Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking into Paradigm myself. Specifically the Performance series due to my budget.

You should be able to get 10-15% off MSRP. I don't know about 20%, unless you have been a very good customer. Paradigm prices went up late last year or earlier this year, so the MSRP you see in some of the reviews are out date. MSRP for Atoms is about $199, Titans $229, CC-170 $199. Paradgim gives a "Fair Market Value" for some of their recommended systems on its website. You can use these to gauge the MSRP for the individual speakers. You should be able to do a little better on the pricing on the Titans, but it may depend on how much you buy since these are Paradigm's lower line of speakers and the dealers may not have as much margin to work with you as opposed to higher end speakers.

4. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Thats about what I paid for Atoms & my CC-170. And I have never thought "Gee, i wish I had got an extra ten bucks off". Seriously, they are a great speaker for the money. Easily comparable to the pricier PSB 15B.

But I don't have a Titan so I can't comment on it.

5. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

6. Mark gas

Mark gas Second Unit

I paid $170 can for my cc-170 and $269 can for my titans.l

7. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Discounts will definitely vary from one dealer to another. Our local dealer will only give 10% discount and that is if you also buy a receiver. Their pricing is not as aggressive since they are the only Paradigm dealer in a 50 mile radius.