What's new

Paradigm pricing in Canada (1 Viewer)

ShawnF

Stunt Coordinator
I just demoed a pair of Paradigm Stdio 40s. I was wondering what the price of these speakers would be at a dealer in Canada. I have a dealer close, but if it is cheaper up north...

Thang_N.

Stunt Coordinator
I got these from a dealer in Canada who emailed me.

Studio 100v2 $2400.00 Cdn (approx.
$1535.00 U.S.)

Studio 40 v2 $1100.00 Cdn. (approx.
$705.00 U.S.)

Studio CC $600.00 Cdn. (approx.
$385.00 U.S.)

Servo 15 with X-30 crossover $1790.00 Cdn. (approx. $1146.00
U.S.)

PW2200 Sub $990.00 Cdn. (approx.
$635.00 U.S.)

He said if i came in he could work out a better deal. But for right now CALIFORNIA to Canada is not too likely soon.
hope that helps.

But look up Paradigm and CANADA in the search field, maybe help you more.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Those prices listed are full retail. 20% off that is common and people have received 30% or more off that up here.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
One question, was it ever confirmed if the warranty is still valid if purchased in Canada and brought back to the US?

Thang_N.

Stunt Coordinator
spoke to my paradigm authorized dealer and he said as long as its a authorized dealer he'd accept it.

called the one in SF and San jose.

Brae

Supporting Actor
The warranty is with respect to you buying ni a retail store from an authorized dealer. Its that simple. No manufacturer is going to void your warranty if you follow those rules of engagement. If you have doubt ni this area of the warranty, then call them or send them an email.

Iver

Second Unit
Sebastien, could you suggest a dealer in the Montreal area who is willing to discount the Paradigms?

Also, what would you expect as a typical selling price in that area on the CC-170, the CC-270, the Atom, the Titan, and the Focus?

The Paradigm dealers with whom I have spoke in the NYC area give me a funny look when I mention a discount, like they have no idea what the word means.

David Berry

Stunt Coordinator
Iver,

I just bought two pairs of Titans (Version 3) for $250 per pair and one CC-170 (Version 3) for $200. Prices are in Cdn. funds. Unfortunately, in Ontario, we have to add 15% tax on top of that.

Winston_T

Agent
While you are at the Canadian dealer, look into delivery for your speakers. It just might prevent you from going through that tax hassel. I know someone who got some PSB's and they got a better "deal" that way. (don't recall the exact advantage, but I suggust you look into it).

Brae

Supporting Actor
You will also want to decide if the Rosenut veneer is worth it to you, but here is a picture of this finish on my 100's to consider:

StephanieM

Grip
What is the upgrade charge for Rosenut? I thought the prices were the same regardless of finish for the mini monitors, PDR-12 and M11s. Please verify. Thanks.

Brae

Supporting Actor
StephanieM, I only can tell you there is an upgrade charge for the Rosenut on the Studio line, which is the only line from Paradigm I've considered. You could place an email to one of several Canadian shops and they'll give the the typical manufacturer's list and go from there.

In the USofA, the upgrade to Rosenut on a pair of 100's was $400 from the shop I bought from. This is list so thake that with a grain of salt. That's $100 per Rosenut veneer panel and I felt it was worth it.

Wolfgang.K

Agent
Sébastien David
I've considering the PW-2200 for the last month or so. What's your feeling about the sub? Any input would be appreciated.
Also, I live in Montreal. Can you let me know where you purchased your subwoofer? I'll leave you e-mail address if you want to contact me that way.
[email protected]
Thanks

David Berry

Stunt Coordinator
I also own the PW-2200. This is a fantastic sub for the price ($699 Cdn.) for a home theater application. As I listen mostly to music (sometimes with the sub on line, sometimes not) it might be worth your while to also listen to the Servo 15 unit. I have heard it is better (i.e. can distinguish the different low musical notes better - has a higher "resolution") than the PW-2200.

Brae

Supporting Actor
Actually, this brings up an interesting question for anyone using loudspeakers with larger mid-range/bass and bass drivers. Although I have not yet had the opportunity to drive my 100's in a movie setting (and you can bet I'm going to try Chapter 6 of the 5th Element), I wonder is a more modest subwoofer is the calling.

Of course, this also makes me ask whether or not a more modest subwoofer can produce those heart-pounding impulses that one might be looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks