Paradigm pricing I received...haggle or no?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TommyL, Jan 12, 2003.

1. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

I received a quote of 1200 bucks USD for 4 studio 20's and a studio center channel...does this seem decent or is there some haggling that could be done? just curious[​IMG] (all new in box) Thank...TL

2. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

They must be black laminate for those prices. The CC retails for $500 (no veneer finishing available). The 20's in black laminate retail for $650 or so I believe.

Getting the whole package for $1200 seems like a very good deal. It wouldn't hurt to haggle, but I wouldn't walk away from the deal at those prices.

3. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

Anything off on Paridigms is a good deal, they are "Fair Traded" They are one of the finest speakers made, I wouldnt want a screwing but I wouldnt let my pride get in the way of my better judgement either. There have been times I would pay list + to get the sound I wanted. A set of 2500 dollar speakers for 1200 bucks would be a good deal but it may not sound like such a good deal. With Paridigms you try to get your discounts on the rest of your gear so there is room to take it in the shorts a little on the speaker if that sound is the sound you want. . .

4. ernie.bin

ernie.bin Stunt Coordinator

$1200US is close to what canadian price I've been able to find. So defnitely not a bad deal.

5. Jason Brent

Jason Brent Second Unit

Yep, I think it's a good deal. I got my Studio CC for $300 and 60's for $800, which I also think is a good deal.