1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Paradigm Price Lists

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Bourden, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

Hello, I was wondering if, offhand, somebody could give me the average retail prives of the following Paradigm sub's, in Canadian funds.
    PDR-12
    PS-1200
    PW-2200
    Any help is much appriciated.

2. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Scott,
    According to the AIG Buyer's guide the MSRP for them is:
    PDR-12 $570
    PS-1200 $750
    PW-2200 $990
    All with laminate finish.
    Patrick
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

3. Scott Bourden

Thanks for the quick reply, it's much appriciated.
    Is this buyers guide online, or a magizine?
    As for the prices, they are in the ballpark I expected, I think I'll just save up a bit longer for a PW-2200, I heard the other two are very boomy and not good on music (to the point I noticed it during a short demo)

4. DavidY

DavidY Supporting Actor

Scott,
    I have read that the PW2200 can be bought for as low as CDN$750 before taxes....in Vancouver, I believe.
    AIG = Audio Ideas Guide is primarily, a print magazine with excerpts online: http://www.audio-ideas.com/
    I think that the Buyer's Guide (e.g., 2001 A/V Almanac) is strictly print only.
    Dave
    [Edited last by DavidY on September 24, 2001 at 11:43 PM]

5. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Scott,
    David's right. The AIG Almanac/Buyer's Guide is a print only publication.
    And, the price David posted should be able to be had most anywhere in Canada unless there is very low volume in your area.
    Patrick
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection

6. Scott Bourden

I'm in Newfoundland, where we have only ONE Paradigm dealer in the entire province... The PS-1200 goes for about $750 locally, and PW-2200 goes for about a grand, before taxes.
    Either way, I'm going to see if I can get the dealer to drop the price, and if not I might just go to a different store and get a Velodyne, since I do not like the sound of the PS-1200 at all....

7. Kevin Peak

Kevin Peak Agent

Kev
    I would just like to second the comment on the 'boomyness' of the pdr and pr series... I have a PDR-12 and for what i paid for it, it is a sub par sub. It works for movies, but the music sounds horrible...
    A friend of mine has that sony smw40 sub and it sounded surpsingly good! It angers me that i could have gotten two of those for the same price to get me by until the SVS.... argh!
    ------------------
    Thanks,
    kevp

8. Scott Bourden

From all the feedback, it seems I was right in not wanting the PS / PDR series subs as much. My listening habits will be 80 music / 20 movies, so I want a sub that does more then rumble low with no defination... Looks like I'm saving the grand for a PW-2200 for now at least, or maybe I'll take another look at the Velodyne's for now. Either way, I'd love to hear a SVS sub, but I doubt there is even one in the Atlantic provinces, let alone Newfoundland...

9. Scott Bourden

One more quick question: Can anybody give me the wholesale costs for the PS-1200, and more importantly, the PW-2200, both in Canadian dollars. Just looking at how much I could get my dealer to come down, in price. Thanks for the help everyone.

10. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

I would also be interested if someone can give me a price on the Studio 100's v2, Studio CC, & Studio ADP surround wholesale prices so I can deal a little better with Canadian dealers. I have seen the package prices on the Paradigm website but they have the Servo 15. How much does this bad boy add to the price?
    KyleS

11. Marc H

Marc H Second Unit

Scott...
    See if you can find an Axiom dealer in your area. Listen to their EP175 or EP350 subs. Quite remarkable for music; clean and clear. They have a video switch too if one prefers a bit of distortion for movies. Very good bang for the buck.
    I would like to hear an SVS sub too; only keep reading good things about them. Are there any sources in Canada for them?

12. Scott Bourden

Marc, I'm pretty sure there are no Axiom dealers anywhere in my area (or province for that matter). COme on, it's Newfoundland, what do you expect? [​IMG]
    My only real sub choices are certain Paradigm's, a couple Velodyne's, PSB and Infinity, the others are either cheap brands or one's I've ruled out completly (aka Quest type speakers)

13. Marc H

Marc H Second Unit

14. Scott Bourden

Bump for wholesale price for Paradigm PW-2200 (Canadian)