Paradigm Price Advice in Southen Ontario, Canada?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BradP, Dec 29, 2001.

1. BradP

BradP Guest

Hey all,

I'm in Canada (Southern Ontario) for a few days and looking to bring a set of Paradigms back to the states with me. Here's what I'm looking at:

Pair of Monitor 7's, v2

Pair of Mini Monitors, v2

CC-370 Center Channel, v2

I was quoted a price today of $1399 Canadian, before taxes. I realize I can get all the taxes back, but, from what I recall reading around here, folks have gotten better prices. Can anyone advise me if this price is fair, or, what a good counter offer would be? Even better, if you know of a place that might swing me a better deal in Brampton, or off the QEW on my way home, let me know!

Thanks for any advice! I don't mind paying the price, I just want to know that I'm getting the best deal possible while I am here.

Looking forward to your responses!

Brad

2. Wayne Cook

Wayne Cook Extra

Hi Brad
    You may want to try Fairview HiFi they're in Burlington. If you are going home on the QEW this place is only about one mile out of your way.
    Take the QEW through Burlington and get off at the Brant Street Exit, turn left onto Brant and go south to the third(?) traffic light at Fairview. Fairview HiFi is on the north west corner. You may want to ask for Brian Murdoch.
    Good luck, I wish the exchange on $$ was that good for us.

3. BradP

BradP Guest

Wayne,

Any thoughts on the price I quoted above? What did you pay for yours?

Thanks for the tip!

4. Wayne Cook

Wayne Cook Extra

Brad,
    I can't help you there. I'm still looking and trying to make up my mind between Paradigm and
    Axiom. What I thought would be a simple process is taking a lot more time than I thought.
    My aim is a little lower than yours as well [​IMG]. I did get these prices Atoms $199/pr and CC170 $199
    I'd suggest giving them a call at 905-681-1872 and see if they can better that deal.
    Wayne

5. Wayne Cook

Wayne Cook Extra

If you like I can call them tomorrow morning and get you a ballpark price. Email me if you are interested. Sending them some business might help my price as well[​IMG]

6. Herb Kane

Herb Kane Screenwriter

BradP:

I'll second Wayne's suggestion for Fairview HiFi. They are great to deal with and their prices are outstanding. They also know their stuff. I enjoy dealing with Paul -- super guy.

Whatever you do, stay away from East Hamilton Radio here in Hamilton.

Good luck.

Herb.

7. Richie Vincent

Richie Vincent Auditioning

Hey,

I am from montreal and i own the exact same system you are talking about (monitor 7's, cc-370, and mini monitors) I however bought the system at seperate times and here are the prices i paid.

monitor 7's --> $590 cdn at layton audio

cc-370 --> $300 cdn stereo plus in a mall (small store good price)

mini monitors --> $340 cdn layton audio

total: $1230 before tax.

I have to tell you that i shopped around for a long time (i'm a student and desperately needed to get the best possible deal) and these are the best prices i got.

Hope to be a healp

Richie

8. BradP

BradP Guest

Richie,

Could you tell me if your components are all of the v2 variety or are they the version 1s? It should indicate that on the back of your speakers (though I assume you already know...)

Thanks!

Brad