Paradigm & Pioneer............how do they match

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Brad Newton, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Brad Newton

Brad Newton Second Unit

Pioneer 45tx along with Paradigm Monitor 7, cc370, atoms, focus & 12" sub (forgot the model #) . Anyone have this combination? How about close to it? Are you satisfied with the sound? My main use will be for ht.

2. MikeRP

MikeRP Supporting Actor

Brad:

I have Studio 40s, CC, and ADPs with the 45 TX and I'm superbly satisfied.

The 45 will work with that setup perfectly.

Mike

3. Brad Newton

Brad Newton Second Unit

Mike,

What type of sub do you use?

4. Andy Young

Andy Young Stunt Coordinator

Paradigm Phantoms, Atoms, CC-270, PDR-12 with a Pioneer Elite VSX-26TX and sounded amazing. 26 crapped out and am waiting for my 45TX upgrade to arrive.

5. MikeRP

MikeRP Supporting Actor

Brad:

My setup looks like this:

Toshiba 57HDX82
    Toshiba SD-2200 DVD
    Pioneer Elite 45TX
    Pioneer Elite DVR 7000
    Adcom 545 100 WPC amp
    Pardigm Studio 40s
    Paradigm Studio CC
    Paradigm Studio ADPs
    Def Tech Pro 100

My sub was purchased about 6 years ago. My room is 16x16 and because of the location of the sub I get very good response from it. LaMarcus brought over his SVS during a recent home theater meet at my house. The SVS is really a little too big for the space I have and also just really has the capability to put out more sound than I need.

I am going to upgrade the sub but right now I'm looking at a Servo 15 or a PW-2200. I'm thinking of a 2200 and then if I ever move to the basement I'd just run 2 2200s.

I really don't need much sub in my room and that's something you have to consider.

Mike

6. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

Up until a few weeks ago, I had a Pioneer Elite VSX-09TX receiver as the heart of my system. Due to electrical storm damage to the VSX-09TX, I now have an Outlaw 950 pre/pro.

But I think MikeRP, who has heard my system, will agree, Paradigm and Pioneer are a good match!!

7. Brad Newton

Brad Newton Second Unit

Are the ADP's really useful for the surronds or rears? I have heard differing opinions, saying that they are outdated? Should all 4 of the rears/surronds be the same speakers - ie titans, atoms, focus?

8. MikeRP

MikeRP Supporting Actor

There are varying opinions on the subject. I'd say the great majority of what I seen has been ADPs for the 4 and 5 speakers on the side wall and direct radiators for the 6 and 7 speaker behind the listening area.

I was very worried about the ADPs in my setup but they are truly wonderful creating a distinct but yet still difuuse soundfield.

My room really difficult cause its 16x16 and the couch is against the rear wall.

When I get my 6 and 7 speakers - they will point up behind the couch.

I truly recommend the ADPs depending upon the application - they have proved well for me.

In my old room I had Bose AM-10 cubes as the 4 rear speakers and beleive it or not - they worked pretty well for that application.

Mike