Paradigm Phantom as Music Only Speakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Stone, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I recently bought a pair of Paradigm Phantoms from someone on this board for the insanely low price of 160 shipped. At that price, I couldn't worry about auditioning them or anything...I just jumped all over it. Anyway, they should be here next week, and I had planned on using them as music only speakers in my bedroom. They will be replacing crappy computer speakers, so it's a definite upgrade...but I was wondering how the would perform. Any info would be great, thx in advance.

2. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

No one has any thoughts on the Phantoms?

3. Andy Young

Andy Young Stunt Coordinator

If you already bought them and they're on the way, isn't this question a bit trivial?

Are they v3 Phantoms or an earlier version? Apparently, Paradigm made significant driver changes to the Legend and Phantom speakers in v3 (the others received some component changens, but nothing significant).

I have Phantom v3 on order from my local dealer. However, by the time I get them, install them, and break them in, you'll have already had a chance to audition your own.

Also, I had an extremely difficult time finding any information about the Phantoms. I don't think anyone here owns them -- I asked and I found some old threads of other people asking for opinions on these speakers and no one ever commented. The reviews on audioreview are quite old.

Good luck.

4. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Thx for the thoughts. Yes, the question is trivial, but with the whole shoot first, ask question laters motif... I figured I might as well ask the questions [​IMG]

5. Scott McC.

Scott McC. Stunt Coordinator

hehe, somebody bought from paul too. I bought his Mini-Monitors and they are superb, more then I had expected. He's a really great guy and a pleasure to deal with, I highly recommend him

6. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Kewl! My Phantoms will be here on Thursday...I can't wait [​IMG]