What's new

Paradigm PDR-10 Sub -- light dimming? (1 Viewer)

Eric_AP

Stunt Coordinator
There is a light on front of the PDR-10 sub (it comes on when it detects a signal). There is no power on/off on this sub. The light will go off entirely if no signal is detected for 15 minutes or so. This appears to work as intended.

However, I recently noticed (after I re-arranged furniture so now I see the front of the sub while watching TV), that this light will dim (if not briefly go out altogether) during heavy bass/LFE segments of a DVD. For instance, during the depth charge scene on U-571 or during the tree cutting down scene in Lord of the Rings, the light will dim at the most heavy LFE/bass parts. Like right at the peak of an explosion. It definitely does not maintain a constant brightness.

Now I do not think I have noticed any sound issues from this, but it has got me thinking that perhaps something is not quite right. Perhaps I just have too much time on my hands? But I'm worried the subwoofer is cutting out right when it is most needed.

Does anyone else with this sub notice this issue (I have a 2002 year model)?

Perhaps it is due to power being used by the sub's amplifier which takes away from working the light, or perhaps due to the movement of the woofer inside the cabinent?

I would like to know if anyone thinks this could be a problem and/or if they notice this on their PDR-10 sub.

Thanks.

Eric_AP

Stunt Coordinator
In case anyone is interested, I got this response from Paradigm:

Hi Eric

It is normal for the LED to dim during heavy bass passages and this does
not
have any effect on the subwoofer's performance.

Thanks for choosing Paradigm.

Sincerely,
Gary Takeda
Paradigm Technical Support

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks