What's new

Paradigm or SVS? (1 Viewer)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Paul, quit worring about cone size. It won't affect how fast a sub sounds unless it's motor is too weak (the Servo15's isn't). The Servo15, the 15" and 18" Velodyne servo controlled subs will all be very accurate (I prefer this term to fast).

Some of the most accurate, best sounding subs out there use 18" drivers.

Go take the best 10" sub (well unless you get into the likes of multiple 10" driver Rel subs) you can find and compare it to the Servo15. I can almost guarentee you'll think the Servo sounds better.

DavidY

Supporting Actor
Just make sure that you do a demo of the Servo 15, preferably in YOUR room and with YOUR system....and see how it performs. A couple of years ago, I had done a 2 hour demo at a Paradigm dealer (Denon AVR4800, Studio/60 V.2 mains and a Servo 15...this was similar to my system (Sony 777ES, Studio/60 V.1 mains))....the Servo 15 performed well, but it did not meet my high expectations....I had expected more in your chest slam. Possible reasons why it didn't perform include: poor calibration by dealer, poor room acoustics, my expectations were too high, who knows.
All I know is that I am a bass fanatic. :D
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks