Paradigm new signature series

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Robert_Dufresne, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Robert_Dufresne

Robert_Dufresne Stunt Coordinator

On the Paradigm site they hint at the new Signature series of speakers and it looks like it will be their flagship line. Does anyone know anything ??. Will I be upgrading again ??

Robert

2. Ernest Yee

Ernest Yee Supporting Actor

Robert - I dont think you'll be upgrading again (or soon at least) - Assuming you're using v3 Studios, I believe the jump in price will be still fairly dramatic from the Studio line to the Signature.

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Run a search this has been discussed and explained. They do sound fabulous though.

4. VinnieR

VinnieR Extra

I've searched and can't find any additional info on the Signature Series Paradigms. Does anyone know anything specific?

5. Mike_Gr

Mike_Gr Stunt Coordinator

The new signature series have fantastic looking cabinets. Unfortunately, that is the only significant improvement you get by stepping up to this new series, IMO.

Aside from the cabinet, there are no notable changes. Even the drivers are identical, with exception to the gold-anodized dust cap used on the Signature series. I also suspect Paradigm did make some minor crossover modifications for the Signature series.

Paradigm made the decision to no longer offer a real wood finishes on their new V3's. If you want a real wood finish, you have to 'step up' to the Signature series. Why not offer real wood finishes on both? Because if they did, there would be no reason for anybody to pay more for the Signature series when they could get the same thing in the V3's. I think Paradigm was well aware of this and hence made the decision to not offer real wood finishes on the V3's.

I will say it again, what you get from the Signature series is basically a V3 with a fancier cabinet.

6. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Mike, have you heard both?

Indeed, talking to the paradigm rep, that's the impression I got. Besides crossovers and cabinets, the drivers are pretty much the same, from what I could gather.

However, I have heard the signatures, and the srudio 20v3, and while I listened separated in time and place, the signatures sounded more "complete," I guess I could say. By no means an authoritative answer, because they were not side-by side auditions, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they are the same, just because the drivers are the same. Crossovers and cabinets make a difference for sure.

I would frame it in the other direction. The V3 studios are slightly less-well put together studios, with superior drive units from the signature series, to get solid performance at a price point. I don't know whether or not the differences between the lines is as significant as the very big jump in price to the signatures, that's yet to be seen, but then again, you DO pay a premium for the real-wood of the signatures. (I think i recall hearing a rumor that wood might be added to the studios again, but this is from the depths of my memory, and probably came from a forum post that I wouldn't trust, still, maybe someone can find out for sure.)

--chris

7. Mike_Gr

Mike_Gr Stunt Coordinator

I did notice a minor difference between the two. I think this difference is most likely attributed to some minor crossover work.

Yes, we all pay a premium for real wood. But they are asking for a premium on top of a premiun, IMO.