Paradigm MSRP/Retail Prices In Canada?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BradP, Dec 28, 2001.

1. BradP

BradP Guest

I've read around here that a GOOD deal on Paradigm in Canada would be 25% off Canadian MSRP. So, what I'm wondering is, does anyone have a list somewhere on the suggested retail prices for Paradigm in Canada? I found the US rates, but I know they are way different.

Here's the units I plan to purchase:

Monitor 7 or Monitor 9 (1 pair)

Mini Monitors (1 pair) OR ADP-370 (1 pair)

CC-370 (1)

PS-1000 or PW-2200(1)

Can anyone help me out with those retail prices or a link to them all? Again, I'm looking for it in Canadian dollars, I can do the US conversion, I'll be up there this weekend.

Thanks,

Brad

2. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

Brad, as I understand it the MSRP is the SAME in Canada as the US. If the MSRP is $500 US Dollars then it would be $500 CDN Dollars in Canada.

The great savings would be due to the exchange rate. At todays rate $500 CDN = about $314 US Dollars.

Hope this helps.

3. BradP

BradP Guest

If that is the case, that helps a lot, thanks!

Can anyone else verify that?

--BRAD

4. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

I can pretty much verify that as well.

My dealer was quoting me MSRP in CT for the Studio 40's at $1200 U.S. After negotiating, I got the dealer in Montreal to come down to $1050 Canadian, which exchanged to $667.80 up north. I'll take 45% savings anyday!

Definately worth the trip up north if you can make it. Plus you get taxes reimbursed!

5. MarcVH

MarcVH Second Unit

This is not consistent with my experience. For example, the Paradigm Reference Studio/60s (in laminate) have a US MSRP of 1200 USD (per pair) but the Canadian MSRP is 1450 CAD (still considerably cheaper.) I would assume the Monitor line is similar.

Probaby the easiest approach is to call a dealer or two in the area you're planning to go -- that's a good idea in any case, to verify that they stock the specific model you want (and, if you have a color preference, you may need to order it.)

6. Jim Shaver

Jim Shaver Auditioning

Hi Brad,
    I was just looking at these in a Store in Hamilton Ontario. The Monitor 7's were $698 Cdn, The Mini Monitors were $410 Cdn, the CC-370 was $336 CDn and PS 1000 was $580 Cdn. Discount that by about 40% for US currency.
    Take Care,
    Jim

7. BradP

BradP Guest

Hmmm,

Those prices don't match up at all with the US retail price then. They're much higher (numberwise, not conversion-wise). Then again, they may just ignore retail and post their own prices. I wish Paradigm Canada just posted their MSRP's somewhere! I had no problem finding the US MSRPs.

Brad

8. MarcVH

MarcVH Second Unit

It's hardly an accident; Paradigm doesn't want you to know the Canadian MSRPs, because they would rather you pay more in the US.

9. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

Brad I did a conversion and it basically comes out to US price = 1/2 Canadian list price.

Here's my numbers and I will hopefuly make a trip up soon, but I'm hoping they version 3 the Reference line and they actually improve it and not just move sideways, meaning they cheapen materials, but it still sounds the same.

Anyway:

The Canadian price is X. Expect a 25% to 20% discount. One of the Administrators knows some dealer who does give 25% discounts. ANyway your left w/ (.75*X). The exchange rate is usually 1.59 CAN per US. This results in about a (0.48*Original Canadian List Price) + no tax. It's a no-brainer if you like Paradigm. You can jump up an entire line for what you're willing to pay in the US. Good Luck.

10. BradP

BradP Guest

Okay, so you're saying that for example:

US price on a pair of Monitor 7's, retail is $649. You say that is 1/2 of Canadian retail. So, Canadian retail for a pair of Monitor 7's is $1300 CAD? That doesn't seem right to me.

Brad

11. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Brad,

Here are the Canadian MSRP's in Canadian dollars per pair unless otherwise noted.

Monitor 7 $760.00

Monitor 9 $880.00

Mini Monitors $430.00

ADP-370 $750.00 (its actually the 350 price but the 370 is close)

CC-370 $390.00 each (same with this one, its the 350)

PS-1000 $650.00 each

PW-2200 $990.00 each

Hope this helps.

Patrick

12. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

Sorry Brad,

I wasn't clear enough. My point was that if the Canadian List Price was 1000 Cdn. You could get it for close to or possibly less than 500 US. That's a deal.

13. BradP

BradP Guest

Patrick, HELPS A TON! THANKS!

And Adil - No prob, I get it now!

Thanks all.

--BRAD