What's new

Paradigm Monitor System?? (1 Viewer)

Dan Da Silva

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys I had a post last week about a Paradigm system with Atoms and Titans, but when I went to audition them I felt that they were good but I wanted better so I was thinking of these setups below. And I just wanted to get some advice from you guys on which one you think would be better and how much I should pay for it??? Thanks
SETUP 1 - CC-370 and (4) Mini-Monitors
SETUP 2 - CC-370 and (4) Monitor 3's
SETUP 3 - CC-370 and (2) Monitor 3's and (2) Mini-Monitors

aaron campbell

Second Unit
Hi Dan, How about 3 pairs of mini's? Get one or two pair shielded. This would give you the best timbre match, plus Dolby EX/DTS ES capabilities. Something to think about.
Aaron

Dan Da Silva

Stunt Coordinator
I was thinking about that but my receiver which is a Sony DB940 doesn't have 6.1 or 7.1 capabilities.
------------------

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have a CC170 and 4 Titans powered with a Marantz SR6200, and I thought I would look into Minis. I did an in home demo of the Minis, and I found that the Titans did nearly as well as the Minis. While the Minis have a much more accurate mid-bass and do extend noticably lower than the Titans, when you use the "small" setting, it does not make any difference. I expected the Minis to overshadow the Titans, and I was surprised when they did not. I have been happy with my Titans/170 for over 1 year, and now that I did a back to back direct compare in my setup, I think I will have to look for something a bit larger, such as the Monitor 3s.
I listened to the Monitor 3s, and I will need to do an in home with these instead, to see if they do much better. If you listen to more stereo music, I personally would go with your last option of 2 Monitor 3s and 2 Minis for the rear. there is a good possibility that this is the setup I will move to, and I think it will perform well.
As a side note, I was concerned the Minis would not blend well with the CC170, but they seemed as well matched to it as the Titans are. The Minis are also a very close match to the Titans, which means I could retain them as rears with a CC370/Monitor 3 front stage.
IMO, each of these speakers is borderline for being set to "large", including the Monitor 3. This means that if you will be doing mostly HT listening or will have your speakers set to "small", there is no reason to go with 3s. For music, the Monitor 3s, and even the Minis, do an admirable job for 2ch without a sub. I often turn off my sub and listen to the Titans in stereo, set to "large".
One thing I like better about the Minis and 3s is the ability to remove the grilles.
My .02
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)
[Edited last by John Garcia on September 21, 2001 at 10:06 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks