paradigm monitor series setup? what amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by dajaga, Apr 12, 2004.

1. dajaga

dajaga Stunt Coordinator

ok this is my set-up its all paradgim.
    mains - monitor 7
    center - cc370
    rear - adp370
    sub - pw2200
    i was looking at buying a hk amp. what do you guys recomend for me to buy. i was going to buy the svr 130 or 230, which one do i really need. i want to beable to put my music/movies at high volumes with out distorsion or any thing, right now i got some technics amp. thanks

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    If you want loud, you are going to need to go above the 230, IMO. The 7s will like plenty of power to go loud, not as much as Studios, but still the more the better. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend anything lower than the 430, but the 330 should do OK as well, and has pre-outs if you find you need to add more amplification down the road.

3. Mike Wladyka

Mike Wladyka Supporting Actor

i have the avr7200 with 7's, 370, and mini's...and it can pretty damn loud in my 19' by 17' room.

4. aaron campbell

aaron campbell Second Unit

I have the same setup as Mike, except I have the Hk avr525. I think they mate with Paradigm perfectly. I may add amps later to move to seperates, but this receiver gets plenty loud.

5. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

$$$$ budget?

6. Merimac Hamwich

Merimac Hamwich Stunt Coordinator

I have:
    Monitor 5's
    CC370
    Mini monitors
    PS1000

Running it is:
    Sherwood Newcastle R-863T
    TEAC DV-10D DVD player.

Crisp, clear and powerful audio is the result.
    [​IMG]

7. dajaga

dajaga Stunt Coordinator

ok i think im looking to spend about 1500-2000 canadian money.now what is the way to go. i do not plan on buy new speakers. im happy with this set up i got. and i dont want amp that can barly make enough wattage for my speakers. i was accually going be looking at some anthem amps. hanks for your help dave

8. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

Anthem is solid. You can also do Rotel at that price, and you can probably get a 1075 for less than $1500 final price.

Looking over your thread again though, I'm confused. Do you need a receiver or an amplifier? They are not the same thing. A receiver is a combination of an amplifier and a processor, whereas an amplifier is just that. It has speaker outputs and single inputs for each channel. It doesn't decode DTS/DD/whatever...since you were looking at H/K initially, I was thinking you needed a receiver, but then you said you were looking at Anthem...which implies separates...

Confused.......

9. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

But in any event, you could always pickup a less expensive receiver with preouts to act as a processor and couple it with the Rotel amp for less than $2000, which is about the final price of an H/K 630 in Canada...

10. dajaga

dajaga Stunt Coordinator

ok so what amp is good that uses pre outs and what rotel amp or and other good quilty amps should i buy.