What's new

paradigm monitor replacements? Focus series? (1 Viewer)

Donald_Spry

Stunt Coordinator
The link provided is to an ebay auction where the individual is selling a pair of Paradigm Focus bookshelf v.3.
Does anyone know anything about this new line of paradigm speakers? Are they replacing the monitor series? The seller claims they are the replacements for the mini-monitors and will retail for around $400-$425. If I remember correctly, that is a good bit more than the Mini-Monitors.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1350585442

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
Is it me or does the "FOCUS" part of the labels look like they were pasted in using photoediting program

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
If they are brand new, why are they v.3 ?

The real question is, why fake something like this? For the record, they aren't Minis, the mid-range driver is the wrong material. I don't know what they are...

James Slade

Second Unit
The pictures look real to me, but I have heard nothing of these speakers. Why release a version three and then replace the line?

Seems there is always a rumor regarding Paradigm these days.

A month ago it was version three reference on the way. Not True. As for these speakers, if anyone gets to the bottom of these be sure to post!

JesseR

Stunt Coordinator
They almost kinda look like titans...I think minimonitors are deeper than that.

jehremy

Grip
It looks like they are using the same tweeter and mid-range driver as in the Performance Series.

Nick_Shah

Stunt Coordinator
I read in a post not too long ago that someone in Western Canada heard (from a dealer) that the Focus is an insert in the Performance line, just above the Titan. Whether that's true or not, who knows. I heard about this nearly two weeks ago. I'll hunt for the post.

-Nick

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
If its fake he did a very good job. The box even says focus and v.3. FWIW, I dont think it looks like a photoshop job on the labels, I just wonder where the hell these came from.

Salvador

Second Unit
i saw Audio one here in Toronto advertising for the new Paradigm focus speakers. I thought it was a typo but now it seems that its real. I never saw them myself though.

Donald_Spry

Stunt Coordinator
It appears all of the paradigm auctions posted by this seller have been removed from ebay. So the plot thickens!:)

Mathieu_R

Auditioning
I had ordered a pair of monitor 7 v.2 on friday the 26th of april at stereo plus on St-Hubert street in montreal. I called yesterday because I thought it was taking a long time and the employee told me that his buyer couldn't get any more monitor 7's from paradigm because they had discontinued the whole line!

I wrote an e-mail to paradigm to verify the accuracy of this statement, I'm still waiting for an answer. The guy at the shop told me that they were replacing the monitor with a new line that was "better". I'm slightly paranoid so I don't entirely trust his assessment but anyways he will receive speakers from the new line on friday and I will go and listen to them thoroughly. I'm gonna be able to compare them to monitor 5 v.2 that he has on the floor there right now(they have the same drivers and tweeters than the 7). I'll keep you posted for the answer from paradigm.

Marc H

Second Unit
Nick is right, the Focus is in the Performance line and not Monitor series.

So far I have not heard of any changes to the Monitor series.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That's the first, semi-official word I've heard that the Monitor line was being replaced. Interesting. Someone else asked this about a month ago, so perhaps it has some truth.

The Focus is a specific model that is supposed to be one step up from the Titan, in the performance line.

Marc H

Second Unit
Let me correct my previous posting; just got a flyer in the mail today from Paradigm saying they are launching a whole new V3 Monitor series.

Mathieu_R

Auditioning
Confirm that, here's my reply from paradigm :

Hi there, it has not been replaced with a different line simply a new version. The Performance Series which includes all our Monitors has been upgraded to v3. The Dealers were sent a mailing with all updated pricing and all the differences, if any, that exist. Most of the product is currently available, and it can be ordered the exact same way as before. So any further questions can be directed to your Dealer, they should now be fully equipped with all necessary information.

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
You'd think a customer service representative would know that the Monitors are not in the Performance line..
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks