Paradigm monitor + onkyo tx sr601

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Charles Chan, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Charles Chan

Charles Chan Auditioning

Hi,

I'm planning on matching the Paradigm monitor 7 + CC-370 + ADP 370 with the Onkyo SR601. Will this be a good combination for 65% music / 35% movies? Also, any suggestions for subs? I've heard good things about Energy. What do you think? Thanks for your help! [​IMG]

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

I think you should be fine with the onkyo. As for subs, SVS/HSU are the standard reccomendations around here. I own a PCi 20-39, and nothing but thumbs up from me. Are you talking energy subs or energy speakers? I'm not too familiar with either, although if you're talking speakers, you should go listen and compare with the monitor series, its your taste, after all, not ours. As for subs, SVS is pretty hard to match in value with retail subs. You should try to find someone on audioenvy if you want to audition an SVS.

3. JamieS

JamieS Stunt Coordinator

I have a Monitor 7 CC 370 Mini Monitor setup myself. If your are 65% music is any of that 65% 5 ch. DVD audio? If so you might want condider saving the money on the ADPs and going with the mini monitors. Not only will you have better 5 channel sound for music you'll save maybe 2-300 $. Hmm what to do with that $??? Better sub or even better if you really like music and HK or NAD receiver.

Just from owning similar speakers and having upgraded my AVR from a Denon 1603 I will say I can hear a difference in music. I looked at NAD and though it was the 2nd best sounding one out there (for the $ ) I bought what I thought was #1 ROTEL (butr more $ than you want to spend).

As for SUBS if you are in US take others advice SVS/HSU.

If you are in Canada look at maybe a Paradigm PW 2200 (that is waht I have and I like it ALOT)