What's new

Paradigm Monitor 9s vs. B&W DM604 S3 ? (1 Viewer)

Antonio

Grip
How does B&W's DM604 S3 compare to the Paradigm Monitor 9s? Am I comparing two different level products here?

I have listened to both but cannot come to a conclusion because the store locations were a bit apart (an hour) and different equiptment was used to drive em.

The B&W dealer used Rotel and Arcam while the Paradigm dealer used a Yamaha receiver (not sure which model..RX6000 maybe?)

The B&W's sure sounded nice (I visited the Paradigm dealer first) but I think its because my acoustic memory stinks.

Also, how do the Monitor 7's pair up against the Monitor 9's and 603s? I would like to buy speakers that bring the most bang for the buck (no more than a thousand dollars).

Thanks in advance.

Arron H

Second Unit
The 603s & 604s sound better to me as well but that's my subjective opinion. You should go back and listen to the 7s & 9s one more time to make sure that your ears were telling you what you think you heard regarding the B&Ws sounding better. I would go with the 600 series over the Monitor series but that's just me, a very happy B&W 603 owner ;)

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
I listened to Paradigm Studio 100's and chose the B&W 604's over the paradigm. My wife and I listened to ths studio 100's, Klipsch RF7's and the B&W's and we both came away thinking the B&W's sounded better. That's what we ended up buying.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks