Paradigm Monitor 9s vs. B&W DM604 S3 ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Antonio, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Antonio

Antonio Extra

How does B&W's DM604 S3 compare to the Paradigm Monitor 9s? Am I comparing two different level products here?

I have listened to both but cannot come to a conclusion because the store locations were a bit apart (an hour) and different equiptment was used to drive em.

The B&W dealer used Rotel and Arcam while the Paradigm dealer used a Yamaha receiver (not sure which model..RX6000 maybe?)

The B&W's sure sounded nice (I visited the Paradigm dealer first) but I think its because my acoustic memory stinks.

Also, how do the Monitor 7's pair up against the Monitor 9's and 603s? I would like to buy speakers that bring the most bang for the buck (no more than a thousand dollars).

Thanks in advance.

2. Arron H

Arron H Second Unit

The 603s & 604s sound better to me as well but that's my subjective opinion. You should go back and listen to the 7s & 9s one more time to make sure that your ears were telling you what you think you heard regarding the B&Ws sounding better. I would go with the 600 series over the Monitor series but that's just me, a very happy B&W 603 owner [​IMG]

3. Jeff Engel

Jeff Engel Stunt Coordinator

I listened to Paradigm Studio 100's and chose the B&W 604's over the paradigm. My wife and I listened to ths studio 100's, Klipsch RF7's and the B&W's and we both came away thinking the B&W's sounded better. That's what we ended up buying.

Jeff