What's new

Paradigm Monitor 7's and shielding (1 Viewer)

Tom Mertz

Agent
I looked at some Monitor 7's this weekend and really liked them. Yesterday I got to thinking about shielding. I was just assuming that they were shielded, but from what I've read so far today, they're not - although the Paradigm catalog says there is a MagneShield option.

Does anyone happen to know the price difference between unshielded speakers and ones with a MagneShield option? The dealer was quoting $700 on the ones I looked at, and I assume that's the non-shielded price. I'd call and ask myself but they're closed today. I also hope to do better on pricing.

With the apt. we're in right now, the speakers would most likely need to sit within 12" of the TV, and that's probably as far away as I could get for the time being. We're going to be buying a house in the next few months though, and at that time I should be able to spread things out a bit.

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
I dont know about shielding but I paid 6 months ago $600.00 for my pair of M7's from a dealer.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Shielding should be about another $30, and they will only be available in black ash.

Tom Mertz

Agent
Just talked to the dealer. I asked him if he could do better on pricing than $700, since I've found people that have paid anywhere form $525-650. He said in no uncertain terms could he budge on his price, and went on to tell me about how if a dealer gets caught shipping speakers out of their territory, they would be shut down if discovered. I tried to explain that these were not internet-order prices, they were simply prices that people have negotiated. Still he wouldn't budge.

Then he mentioned the recent price increase. He says that the unshielded Monitor 7's are now priced at $750 per pair, unshielded, but he would sell me shielded 7's at that price.

One minute there no deals, the next minute he's trying to should like he's doing me a favor. Should I keep shopping?

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
I would try someplace else. Or just tell him that. Well if you cant do any better Im gonna go try somewhere else.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There is no such thing as internet pricing as Paradigm dealers are not allowed to sell via the web. You may order them online, but you must pick them up in person (technically speaking). No dealer will be "shut down" for selling out of their area, but if discovered, they WILL no longer be selling Paradigms...

It's not uncommon for a dealer to throw in shielding, since it is not much of a price difference. Mine did.

If you have another dealer within ~50mi, I'd check with them.

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
go somewhere else. if you cant get a better price and have to have them then still buy from someone else! :)

that'll teach him. :)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Tell him you are looking at some other brands of speakers as well...B&W 600 series, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks