Paradigm Monitor 7 mini towers on stands to help with bass?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom_Mack, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Tom_Mack

Tom_Mack Stunt Coordinator

Dec 11, 2000
    I have been trying for awhile to find the best placement of my Paradigm Monitor 7s to bring out the bass more and lessen the brightness. I have tried every left/right and back/forward position possible with some slight sonic changes. Out of curiosity, I put my two mini tower speakers on two large rubbermaid containers which raised the speakers up 1 1/2 feet. Instead of the tweeter being slightly below my ear, the first midrange/bass driver was in line with my ear and the tweeter was above. The bass seems to be better in 2 channel and much better in 5.1. The sound overall was smoother.

Does anyone else put their towers/mini towers on stands? Is it just because the tweeter is no longer at ear level that makes the bass more prodominant? Will posting some pictures help (maybe some of you have some better ideas)?
  2. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

Jul 6, 1999
    I have my 7's on short stands. It brings the tweeters to exact ear level. Here is a link to my old HT. I have done alot of upgrading since this picture was taken.
    I think they sound much better on the stands. Notice how far out from the wall they are.