Paradigm Monitor 7 and Bi-wiring ?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Joe Mihok, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Joe Mihok

Joe Mihok Second Unit

Has anyone tried this on their Monitor 7's yet ? Care to post your results ? I'm currently at work right now but I picked up 20 ft of that 12 AWG Oxygen-free stuff from Home Depot on my way to work. I'm already using 20ft of this cable (10ft x2) on my M7's and they sound great. I figure I'll try bi-wiring when I get home to see if I can get them to sound even better. SO did I waste $7 today ? I guess we'll see ......

Oh, I know there are many threads on bi-wiring but I was actually trying to focus on Paradigms Monitor line specifically (because I assume different speaker manufacturers will have different results).

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    What are you powering them with?

It can't hurt to try it out, but I'd expect you will probably see much the same result as pulling the brass jumpers out and sticking 3 inches of the same wire in between the terminals.

3. Joe Mihok

Joe Mihok Second Unit

I can't do it (bi-wire) because the wire is too thick for the binding posts on the reciever. I'm just using a Denon 1803.

Right now I'm using the brass binding posts ..... is that a bad thing ?

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Use stacking banana plugs if you want to do it.

Originally, I had that question in there too, but I figured you knew that already.

The standard jumpers should be replaced. They aren't bad, but the same wire you are using should be better.