What's new

Paradigm Monitor 5's or 7's (1 Viewer)

Terry Flink

Stunt Coordinator
A friend is in the process of upgrading his HT setup. Power is supplied by a Denon 1802 and he recently got the CC370 center speaker with the intention of Pardigm all around. Just looking on some thoughts about the Monitor 5's vs. 7's. Bookshelf/floorstanding is not really an issue and bass will be handled by an SVS sub.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
They are both almost the same. The only difference is the size of the cabinet, which will affect the sound characteristics somewhat. I think it will come down to personal preference. I perfer bookshelf speakers. I like the sound better and feel they are easier to work with. You may have room for floorstanding speakers now, but you may not always.

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
The question between the 5's and 7's comes down to this: Does he have kids? I personally cringed every time someone walked by my old Monitor 3's that I had placed on stands.

I now have a pair of Monitor 7's and can, with out any reservation, recommend them to anyone.

Thad_C

Agent
For what it's worth, the monitor 5's-plus-stands cost almost as much as the 7's which do not require stands.

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
Also FWIW, the 7's are front ported, while the 5's are rear ported. I don't know how much difference that makes to you (and, in all honesty, I don't know how much difference it makes to me :) ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks