What's new

Paradigm Monitor 3's (1 Viewer)

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
What would you suggest for a center match for the Paradigm Monior 3's as my Fronts? I am also probably going to go with the Mini Monitors as surrounds. What about the rears. My Receiver does 7 channels at 100w(Pioneer Elite VSX-43TX). Should I go with a Center rear or 2 More Surrounds Back there? I am staying with my Infinity IL100 Sub and going with all Paradigms!!

Thanks for the help!

Michael_V

Second Unit
With Monitor series fronts and surrounds, the only center that really makes sense for you is the CC370.

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
What about the CC170 as a center? Also any suggestions on a rear or rears. Should I go with another center for my rear or maybe another set of mini monitors as rears?

Nathan_W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nathan
Steve:
I have Monitor 5's, a CC170, and Mini Monitors for my set up. I think they sound great together, though like mentioned above, the CC370 would probably be a better match. This is my 1st HT, so if I'm missing something by having the CC170 instead of the CC370, I wouldn't know. :b
I went with it because of space restrictions in my room.
With movies, it sounds great. I'd guess it makes more of a difference with multichannel music...

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have 5s up front, and had the 270 for a bit, but traded it in for a 370 and noticed a difference right away, simply because the tweeter matches the rest of the Monitor line (170 and 270 do not). The 270 was OK, and has about the same bass response, but the difference in the tweeter was still noticable to me. Dialog is a tiny bit clearer also.

I am using a 170 as a rear center, but I am also using Titans as surrounds.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I would definatly get the CC-370 unless price or space was a major factor. The Titanium tweeter is much smoother than the CMC.

As for the rear, you can get a pair of Titans for the same price as 1 CC. You are paying extra for the shielding in a center channel, and you don't need it back there. Besides, 2 rear speaker sound much better than 1.

Have you considered the ADP-170 or ADP-370 for the side speakers? In 7.1, dipoles make much more sense for the sides, and sound better for movies.

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
Money is a little bit of a factor. So you would suggest going with the ADP-170's instaed of the Mini Monitors for surrounds and going with the Titans in the back.

I am mostly a HT guy so would it make a difference if I went with the CC-170 instead of the CC-370 for the front center.

Thanks

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
In HT, dipoles are definatly prefered. Actually, THX specifies dipoles. The CC-170 should be fine, especially the rest of the system will be filled with products from the Performance line.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks