What's new

Paradigm monitor 11's (1 Viewer)

pfar

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I listened to a pair of paradigm monitors at a local home theater store and liked the sound. They weren't the 11's, but the sound was great. So I'm sure the 11's would be even better. They are 8 ohm speakers with a sensitivity of 93 dB. From what I have learned here that is good. In your opinions is this a good speaker? Right now I have klipsch satellite speakers and I have wanted floorstanding speakers for a while. Also does anyone have any sites I could buy these from or just to get a price from. Thanks

pfar

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Here's also a speaker that I've seen with great reviews... http://www.aperionaudio.com/product/Verus-Grand-Tower-Speaker,267,28,802.aspx I've never heard an aperion speaker before. Does the sound compare to a Paradigm or does it have a different kind of sound. I like the looks of the asperion speaker better and by the specs it seems to be a better overall speaker, but I like the center that paradigm has the c390 or whatever it's called.

pfar

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Also another one I've seen great reviews for. The only problem with this one is I don't have a 4 ohm reciever. Another question I have is if I get a speaker with a different ohm impendence like a 6 or 4, will I be able to use my 8 ohm speakers with it at the same time or do they all have to be the same ohm. And sorry if this is a dumb question but what does lowering the ohm's do. http://axiomaudio.com/m80.html

Blackdevil77

Agent
Real Name
Mario
I can't say anything for aprion, but I own the Paradigm Monitor 7's with the matching center and surrounds, with the Paradigm PW2200 subwoofer. I've had this set up for 5 years now and it's still going strong, still sounding great.

pfar

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Does anyone know about the different ohm level thing with the speakers?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
They can all be different; but your receiver has to be able to handle the lowest resistance of the group.

pfar

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
So if I have a reciever thats 4 ohm capable I will be fine speakers 4, 6, or 8 ohm?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
That's correct. The initial loudness levels on the 6 or 8 ohm speakers will probably be off, but you should be doing a calibration anyway, and the calibration will correct the sound levels.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
It's been a while since I've heard any Aperion speakers, and they were the lower priced models, but they have been around for a while and I don't hesitate to mention them as a brand to consider. Their "Aperion University" is also a great place to learn a lot about speakers and other stuff. They also offer a 30-day in-home trial period and pay for shipping. They will even pay the return shipping if you decide not to keep them. That's confidence in your product.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks