What's new

Paradigm Monitor 11's (1 Viewer)

Jeff-Z

Auditioning
Hello everybody! I am now looking at some Paradigm
Monitor 11's, any one own these and have an opinion?

70%music 30%movies

Powered by either a Denon AVR-2803 or 3803

WayneO

Supporting Actor
I have 11's along with some 7's and CC-370 and have been very happy with them for music and HT. They're quality speakers for the price and really efficient so they can be powered easily. I'm not good with flowery lingo but they sound great. I'd say they're a speaker that portrays music very fully, a touch bright with the tweeter, produce excellent mids and have a good unexepected low end punch for the 6 1/2" woofers. And as someone who had big ole Cerwin Vega's that pounded, I was impressed. They really open up in detail after a good 40+ hrs. of break-in. I compared them to Paradigm Monitor 9's, Klipsch RF-5&7's, Monitor Audio S-10's, Energy Conossour(sp)9's, B&W 604's, and well as some Phase Technology's and Jamo's that I don't remember the models of. For the sound and price they were a winner to me. Also, you can usually get full credit for a year/year and a half at Paradigm dealers if you ever want to upgrade. Though completely pleased, I may upgrade to some Studio's before mine return policy ends if I can afford it.

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I am thinking between Monitor 7 and Studio 20. From what you said on the last sentence, it appears that Studio's are higher model than the Monitors.

Thanks.

Neil

WayneO

Supporting Actor
Yes they are. They definately sound different, most would say better, but that costs $$$. To replace my Monitors with equivelant size Studio's would be double the cost........so I have to see if I can save my pennies.

ernie.bin

Stunt Coordinator
I went from my titans /atoms to studio60s / cc / 20s.

The monitors just didn't sound like enough of an upgrade and I found the studios really shined in the way of music.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
For music I would definatly consider the Studio line. For the price of the 11s, you are already well into the price range of the lower Studios like the 20s or 40s. Both of those are bookshelves, so they will not have as much bass. (but you will be surprised at how much bass the little bookshelves can put out) If you have a sub it won't be a problem. If you plan on running them solo you will probably want the 11s for the added bass response.
The Studio's are much more natural and laid back. The Monitors have a bit of a punch. I have both Monitors and Studios. For a while I had Monitors for my HT and loved them. Now I have Studios for my music and HT. While at first I missed the punch of the Monitiors, I am starting to realize the added benefits of the Studios.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
I agree with Brian, you are in the price range of the studio line so I would go for those. The 11's, while very nice, just do not have the detail of the studios. If you can eak out a bit more cash you would not be far from the studio 60's, a fantastic speaker. The 11's look very impressive, with all of the drivers and such, but you will hear things in the studio line that you will not hear with the 11's. This is pertaining to music by the way. I would also get studio because the matching center is th cc470. This center channel is a huge upgrade over the 370. The 370 although great for the money, almost makes voices seem tranparent and fake. The 470 sounds great, with a lot of depth and detail. good luck

WayneO

Supporting Actor
You know I went and listened to some Studio v.2 60's, CC-Studio, all the v.3's and Signature 8's(WOW!). I went there to like the Studio's as much as I could. The 20's can't really touch the Monitor 11's as far as I'm concerned, though I wanted to like them. But hey, whattya expect from only two speakers. Absolutely no low-end, decent mid's and crisp high's. Yeah there is some more detail, but the pro's of the 11's far outweigh the con's compared to the 20's or even the 40's. I guess I just don't dig bookshelfs. The 60's were getting real nice but just didn't have the low end I wanted in either version, I really would like the 100 v.2's but they don't have them anymore. The v.3 100's I really like, except they seemed exceptionally bright. This was the second time of listened to them at the same store but in different rooms with the same pair. I least they had nothing that made me want to buy on the spot, but there goes the plan for saving money with the 40's for surrounds, 60's are a must. So just a little more info to take into consideration, it's still up to your ears, but don't let the "it's the better line" force you to buy speaker you don't absolutely want.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks