Paradigm Monitor 11s-should i bi-wire?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StephanieM, Sep 27, 2002.

1. StephanieM

StephanieM Extra

I have performed a number of searches and found very useful comments about bi-wiring in general. For those Monitor 11 owners out there though, I am curious to hear about your experiences with bi-wiring and whether you noticed a marked improvement. Thanks.

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Stephanie, you can only try.

I run M.9s Bi-Wireable. Made bi-wire cables first thing and ran it this way nearly a year. Took em off and heard no degradation.(I actually left the biwires and replaced the "gold" binding post plate that is screwed down betw the two sets of binding posts.) I dont anticipate anyone will hear A BIG DIFFERENCE. Anything will be subtle, if at all. It's one of those "it cant hurt to try" tweaks.

I had some lengths of inexpensive Monster XP speaker wire. Four banana plugs at each speaker. At the amplifier, I carefully matched the black terminal wires from the speaker and twisted these two together between the TWO cables and attached a banana plug. Same for red terminal runs. So Black-to-Black/Red-to-Red from the spkrs to the amp binding posts. If you want to test, save the bananas and connect bare-wire.

bill