What's new

Paradigm Mini Monitors (1 Viewer)

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
Picked up a set of Mini Monitor's V.4's today for my brother in law, got them up in Ithaca NY at Highway HiFi, it was a bit funny as I listened to some Energy's and some other book shelf Paradigm speakers but settled on the Mini Monitors for him. It's a bit of a drive from Troy PA to there, got home, went to hook them up on my receiver and looking at the back label, one was marked V.3 and the other was marked V.4...uh? So I called them up and the guy apologized and said to bring back the V.3 and he'd get the right one set aside for me on the counter, so back up, 50 mile ride one way in the rain, not pleasant but I couldn't hand over a mismatched pair of speakers to him!
Got there and the guy again said he was sorry, I had taken the ones on the floor, so no box, I guess if he wrote down the serial numbers he may have caught the mixup. The owner saw me and asked if I needed help and I said I was just stretching my legs before driving back in the rain, just exchanging a mixed up speaker, he was quite taken back and shook my hand and thanked me for coming in, then a few minutes later offered me a cd with Blues Master music on there, very nice of him to do that I thought.

SO, I took the speakers down to my brother inlaw tonight, his old Kenwood speakers bit the dust, woofer cones dry rotted out, so these are a lot smaller of course and not as much bass, but I was surprised at the amount of bass they did have. The sound was very nice, I had always heard good things about Paradigm speakers and figured I couldn't go too far wrong picking those out for him, in his price range they were just right, he has an old Denon stereo receiver.

I have Kilpsch systems but possibly may want to go back and listen to some on the same par as my RF7's but in the Paradigm line up.

BUT, of course the $$ are spent and I wouldn't get a trade in for them if I decided to change, so it's tough right now, no funds for playing!

My receiver is a Sony DA5ES with a Velodyne sub
RF7 mains
RC7 center
SB2 rears

Thought I'd share the day and pose that question of what would be a change to Paradigm if I did decide to slide over?
Thanks,
G2

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
I used to use 4 Mini monitors in my theater (fronts and rears) and love them very much.

I think the minis are probably one of the best buys for the money in HT today.

Great purchase and sounds like a good store as well.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Minis do have quite a bit of bass for the size of speaker; I was always surprised at that too. For the price there are speakers that have better midrange, IMO, but few have the bass that the Minis do in the price range.

Going from Klipsch Refs, you'd need to look at the Studios or possibly the Signatures.

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I use 2 prs of mini's and the CC-370 in the living room. Sounds great. I found they needed a receiver/amp on the brighter side. I did not like HK with them at all. Yamaha was good and just picked up a panny XR55 and this sounds nice as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks