Paradigm mini monitors vs. focus

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon_p_s, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Jon_p_s

Jon_p_s Stunt Coordinator

How much better are the mini monitors than the focus'. What are the basic differences and is the price difference really worth it.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    IMO, the Mini V3 will still sound better than the Focus. My dealer has not gotten in the Focus, so I haven't heard them, but I have heard the V3 Minis (I own V2s) and I liked them very much. Bass response will probably be very close, as the Titans already come close to the Minis, but it is in subtle detail that the Mini stands out compared to Titans (I also own Titans). Overall, there is no question in my mind the Mini is better than the Titan in terms of power handling and detail. Based on specs, the Focus looks like a Mini with Performance line drivers.
    If these are what you are looking at, you should also consider Axiom's M3Ti.

3. Jon_p_s

Jon_p_s Stunt Coordinator

Which speakers are better for music, the axiom m3ti or the paradigm mini monitors.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    For music, specifically vocals, I thought the Axioms were clearer. The Mini has quite a bit more bass, but it is not as well controlled as the M3. The M3 is noticably brighter than the Mini, however (poly mid in the Mini vs aluminum in the M3).

5. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

I can attest to what john says. I have the Axioms now and previously had the minis and the axioms sound much better to my ears. They are much clearer than the minis but have less bass. Bass really isn't an issue since most of use subs anyway.