Paradigm Mini Monitor, best price in US?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Todd Alexander, May 6, 2003.

1. Todd Alexander

Todd Alexander Stunt Coordinator

I want to purchase 2 pairs of these speakers for my surrounds and rears. I only have one dealer in my area that sells em. I'm looking for any dealer that will ship them and offer me a good deal. Let me know if any of you have any good contacts/shops.

On a side note, I'll be needing wall mounts for these too. If you know of any good places to get them, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
    -Todd

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I am pretty sure Paradigm dealers are not allowed to sell via mail order, as dictated by Paradigm, AFAIK. They also limit the number of dealers in a given area, which is likely why you only have one. Despite this, if your dealer is any good, they will cut you a deal for buying two pairs. My dealer routinely gives 10%, and sometimes as much as 20% discounts, particularly when making larger purchases.

Paradigm sells their own brackets, but I don't think the Minis have the pre-existing mounting holes for them like many of the Performance series do. I don't really recommend wall mounting Minis, but that's just me.

3. Todd Alexander

Todd Alexander Stunt Coordinator

The monitor series of speakers ost closely match the Paradigm front & centers I have now. I went to a home theater store and listened to dipolar rears and was not impressed at all. I figure I want to get a traditional speaker. The mini monitor is the smallest of the monitor series, so that is why I figured it would be a good match. If you have other reccomendations, let me know.

-Todd

4. Mike Pollmann

Mike Pollmann Stunt Coordinator

I just purchased a pair of B-Tech BT77 wall mounts for my Mini Monitors (used as surround speakers). I haven't installed them yet, but I've seen others recommend these same brackets. They use a tensioned grip to hold the speakers rather than having to make holes. They are rated up to 55 lb (25kg). $60 from Crutchfield.

- Mike