What's new

Paradigm Is this a good Price? (1 Viewer)

Dave Malo

Agent
I'm in the market to replace my existing speakers with the following: Monitor 7's for mains, CC370 and Mini Monitors for the rears. I'm currently have a Sony 444ES receiver and was wondering if the above speaker combination would work well with the Sony. Unfortunately the dealer that I went to doesn't sell Sony and I couldn't really have a good feel for these speakers. What I did hear was very impressive. They had the speakers set up using a Marantz receiver. I was almost sold on the package but the price that was quoted was $1400.00 CAD plus 15% tax. Is this a good price? I think I could have got it for $1400.00 tax included. Any thoughts. Thanks

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
If you are dealing with a quality dealer, you should be able to get 20-25% off of the msrp.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I'd say $1400 plus tax is an ok deal. $1400 tax in is a good deal (more than likely should be able to get this). Anything under $1400 is icing on the cake.
------------------
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."
Dustin
[email protected]
My Adire Tempest Sonosub

Bernard L

Stunt Coordinator
I always go for 30-35% off MSRP before I buy.
those guys make too much money :)
------------------
I love you!! YES YOU!!!

James_D_A

Auditioning
My dealer's generous offer is 0% off. No discount PERIOD. Doesn't matter how much you buy (I got thousands of dollars worth) and he still wouldn't budge an inch. Therefore, I have given up on buying new Paradigm and constantly search for used deals on the net. BTW, I am not the only one. Others in my area have learned to travel hundreds of miles to find a dealer that gives a 10% discount (maybe even 15%!!). Yes, I am glad I will move to the south east (likely VA) soon....

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have only been able to get a 10% discount from our local Paradigm dealer. This is the same Paradigm set up I have and I really like the sound. I hope you will too.

Dave Malo

Agent
Thanks for all your help. Looks like I'll continue to shop around. Its funny when I went to the dealer and requested a discount he stated that any discount would result in a price below his cost. Too Funny

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation483
Recent bookmarks