Paradigm Is this a good Price?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Malo, Nov 17, 2001.

1. Dave Malo

Dave Malo Agent

I'm in the market to replace my existing speakers with the following: Monitor 7's for mains, CC370 and Mini Monitors for the rears. I'm currently have a Sony 444ES receiver and was wondering if the above speaker combination would work well with the Sony. Unfortunately the dealer that I went to doesn't sell Sony and I couldn't really have a good feel for these speakers. What I did hear was very impressive. They had the speakers set up using a Marantz receiver. I was almost sold on the package but the price that was quoted was $1400.00 CAD plus 15% tax. Is this a good price? I think I could have got it for $1400.00 tax included. Any thoughts. Thanks

2. JohnMW

JohnMW Second Unit

If you are dealing with a quality dealer, you should be able to get 20-25% off of the msrp.

3. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

I'd say $1400 plus tax is an ok deal. $1400 tax in is a good deal (more than likely should be able to get this). Anything under $1400 is icing on the cake.
    ------------------
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."
    Dustin
    [email protected]
    My Adire Tempest Sonosub

4. Bernard L

Bernard L Stunt Coordinator

I always go for 30-35% off MSRP before I buy.
    those guys make too much money [​IMG]
    ------------------
    I love you!! YES YOU!!!

5. James_D_A

James_D_A Auditioning

My dealer's generous offer is 0% off. No discount PERIOD. Doesn't matter how much you buy (I got thousands of dollars worth) and he still wouldn't budge an inch. Therefore, I have given up on buying new Paradigm and constantly search for used deals on the net. BTW, I am not the only one. Others in my area have learned to travel hundreds of miles to find a dealer that gives a 10% discount (maybe even 15%!!). Yes, I am glad I will move to the south east (likely VA) soon....

6. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I have only been able to get a 10% discount from our local Paradigm dealer. This is the same Paradigm set up I have and I really like the sound. I hope you will too.

7. Dave Malo

Dave Malo Agent

Thanks for all your help. Looks like I'll continue to shop around. Its funny when I went to the dealer and requested a discount he stated that any discount would result in a price below his cost. Too Funny