Paradigm in Florida

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DaveV, Oct 29, 2002.

1. DaveV

DaveV Agent

I am looking to purchase a set of Paradigm speakers. I currently have Klispch. I am looking for 60's, CC, In-wall 25 and Servo15.

Does anyone know of a good place to get a deal in Florida?

Thanks
    Dave V

2. David Head

David Head Second Unit

Dave,
    When I was considering Paradigm about 18 months ago, the only place in the bay area that carried them was Sensuous Sound in Tampa. I can't say that they'll give you a good deal though because they wouldn't cut me any deal. You may end up having to travel to Orlando.
    I ended up at the time picking up a set of PSB Image speakers (also made in Canada) from a local dealer that were a LOT less expensive and sounded just as good to me. I've since upgraded to Axiom speakers (M60, VP150 and QS8), which are another Canadian speaker...see any trend here? [​IMG] The Axioms are much more detailed than the Paradigm or PSB speakers and would be more similar to the Klipsch that you currently own. I'd HIGHLY recommend adding Axiom to your listening list and would be glad to let you listen to mine if you're interested.
    David

3. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

Sound Ideas in Gainsville, Paul is the owner, tell him "Guy" sent you. I don't have his number but I have bought lots of stuff over the years here. He is a Pioneer Elite, Sony ES, Paridigm all the way up to some stuff that I can't pronounce. Also has a very good pre-owned section and takes trades.
    A good guy , Tampa is not to far away As you know Paridigm's are fair traded, if you buy other things as well you will find the "other stuff" at a larger discount.

4. wayne p

wayne p Stunt Coordinator

I happened to be in Orlando when the Anthem AVM 20 first came out so I attended Audio One in that city to se what it was all about. They carried the Paradigm Reference line.

The salesman realized I was from Canada and "just looking" so would not be making a purchase their. The salesman still spent all the time with me that I required and was very helpful and knowledgeable. I cannot comment on their prices, or if they will discount, but they seemed very open and honest about the products they carried.

I ended up buying the AVM 20 in Canada and find it a very good match for my 100's v2, powered by the MCA 5.

Happy shopping,
    Wayne

5. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

Sound Ideas in Gainsville also carries Anthem, Adcom, lots of "Tube" stuff, Soliquey(sp) speakers all middle of the road to high end audio/video. College town allows for lots of used late model good equipment as well as new.