Paradigm HTiB

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by GregHC, May 19, 2004.

1. GregHC

GregHC Agent

I was looking into the Cinema 70's HTiB from paradigm. It sounds pretty good, for what I need.

But my question is the max input is 80 watts, and my 45tx puts out 100 watts (supposedly) per channel. Will I destroy these by putting in too much power?

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Under normal operation, these speakers will likely draw less than 50w TOTAL. In general, you don't have to worry about the max rating on a speaker unless you turn your receiver up to it's maximum output. It is quite difficult to destroy a speaker by overpowering it. To be honest, these speakers are a serious mismatch for this receiver in terms of quality. If the Cinemas are all you need, you probably didn't need a receiver of this level, but it certainly won't hurt. I would recommend listening to the Performance or Monitor lines as well, at least for the front three.

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

You'll be fine. Receivers don't put out their total capability unless you have it turned up all the way. You will probably be using fractions or just a few watts with normal listening.

4. GregHC

GregHC Agent

The reason I ended up with this receiver was it was a GREAT price.

I actually came across some polk r50 and r20 for half price, so I think I'll go with those and pick up a center channel.

Thanks for the advice

5. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

More power is always better than less. Your more likely to cause damage to your speakers from your amp stage clipping that frying the speakers from driving them hard.

Kevin