Paradigm. Hows does it compare...

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Jesse Sharrow, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

How does paradigm compare to B&W and Kef? I love the way the Nautilus series and High end kefs sound. Im going to listen to some paradigms at some point. Are they more layed back like a boston? Im just curious how you guys think they sound. They seem pretty popular.

2. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

I recently spent some time at a dealer who has the Paradigm line and listened to several of the various lines. IMHO, Paradigms are not that laid back but not in-your-face either. The studio/ reference series were very precise and strong..... I heard them on a high end Yamaha receiver as well as a Casablanca and a Dreadnaught setup..... They just got better and better. A friend of mine has them and they sound great on a small Yam receiver too....
    I went straight from there to a B&W dealer and heard the CDM and 602 ( think) on a Yam and a Sunfire Cinema Grand and to me they were laid back and seemed to require more volume to impress me. They were more expensive too..... That being said, the CDM were impressive but I would have to say, I preferred the Studio 20 over the CDM.
    Studio 20/40 was pretty much my fav and the ADP rears are killer..........
    BTW: I ended up buying Energy Veritas 2.2.

3. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

4. Christopher Lyn

Christopher Lyn Stunt Coordinator

I'll third or fourth..whatever number I am, that the Paradigms are more forward sounding than the B&Ws. They give big sound. The Studio series in the Paradigm line are very accurate and detailed.

I find B&Ws a little more laid back and needs a really good amp to bring out their potential...especially the Nautilus line.

I have never listened to KEFs, sorry no opinion.

BTW, I have the Studio 100 v.3 and love them.