What's new

Paradigm help needed....decisions (1 Viewer)

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Hi all..I have a 12x14x8 foot room, and currently have a 5240 yammy receiver, some cheap yammy speakers, and a 2039 pci svs sub...I think it sounds great..but I know it can sound a lot better..I would like to get some paradigm reference speakers, and after reading for about a hour on it here, and at the spot forum, I couldn't find a answer...here it is..with my room size, would this be ok: paradigm studio 40's in the front, studio 20's rear, and studio CC? I am looking at upgrading my receiver soon..I was kicking around the yammy 1200/2200 units...I use this mostly for HT ...walls have pictures, and floor is carpeted fyi. Any suggestions would be great! (I am going to make a trip to Canada for the paradigms...my local wants top $$ for them:) Thanks much in advance...btw, is there much difference between the 1200/2200 besides in wattage that would affect sound in this small of a room? thanks again! tom

Andrew Santos

Stunt Coordinator
your room is small. you could probably do with 20s in the front instead of 40s, if you're looking to save some money.

GarryW

Stunt Coordinator
I suggest 20's for L&R, CC-450 for the center, 20's for surrounds, (or ADP-450's for surrounds)and a PW-2200 as you'll need something good for the bottom end as the 20's or the 40's won't get you there.
After 6 months you'll be looking for a good amp to go with that reciever and then you'll see what those Paradigms can really do!:D

KyleS

Screenwriter
I think that you would do great with the setup that you are suggesting since you already have an SVS for the low end you wont need another sub. (unless you want another SVS). You will want the Studio CC and not the 450 since the studio CC is the timbre match to the studio line. The Studio ADP's not the 450's (again for timbre matching) will give you a more dispersed sound field which will do great for movies, but if you are looking into full channel SACD DVD-A music then the 20's would be a better bet since they are a direct radiating and not a Di-Pole speaker like the ADP's are. The amplification shouldnt be a problem at all with whichever yammie you go with unless you move to the studio 100's up front which are really power hungry. Best of luck on the decision since that is pretty much the exact setup I am considering. I am also thinking about the 100's but I think that if I get a killer sub like a couple of SVS or an Ultra SVS then I think the 40's should do me just fine.

KyleS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks