What's new

Paradigm Deals In Southern Ontario, Canada Next Week? (1 Viewer)

B

BradP

Hi all,
I'm headed up to Canada next week for the Christmas holiday with my wife to see her family, and wondering if anyone could recommend some good places to stop in and look at some Paradigm speakers.
I'm looking to get a nice setup for around $1000 US when all is said and done, there is a little room to budge though. I would really like to start with a pair of Monitor 7's for the front and move from there, with a voice matched center and 2 surround channels (possibly also a sub is the price is right).
Can anyone recommend any places to go or other packages to listen to? We'll cross in Ft. Erie and be headed north up the QEW, past St. Catherines and Nigara, up towards Barrie. I'd be willing to sidetrack for the right deal!
Any info, prices, or suggestions would be most appreciated!
Thanks!
Brad
[email protected]

Daniel_M

Stunt Coordinator
Brad
Check out AUDIO ONE in North Toronto.
I bought all my stuff there (all Paradigms)
They are having a sale. You can visit their
website at www.audio-one.ca.
Take the highway 400 exit off the 401 and go north.
Then take the Steeles Ave. exit off the 400 and go east.
They are on the left hand side of Steeles.
They are at 3200 Steeles Ave. Tel 416-665-0749.
Dan

GHarv

Auditioning
Gibby's in St. Catharines is having a boxing day sale from boxing day up till the weekend I believe, but I find that they are tough hagglers since there isn't another paradigm dealer in St. Catharines. Happy Hunting!

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
In addition to Gibby's, in hamilton there is East hamilton Radio just off the QEW about 30-45 minutes outside st.catherines. There is also a place a little further in Burlington, but I'm not sure what it is called. Best bet is to go to the paradigm website.

Dave Malo

Agent
Brad
I recently purchased the monitor 7's CC370 and mini monitors form HiFi 2000 in Burlington. Its located 410 and Queen Street. Their website www.hifi2000.com. With tax included the price came to $1350.00 CAD. So in US$ it would be about $700.00.

B

BradP

Dave,

That is pretty much exactly what I'd like to purchase myself! How do you like that setup?

Are the mini monitors enough power and oomph for rear surround speakers in a home theater?

What type of sub would anyone recommend for that setup? I've got a JBL 15" sub right now but I'd rather have a nice matching one if possible.

Thanks to everyone for all your information thus far!

Brad

Dave Malo

Agent
Brad,
Sorry for getting back to you so late. I love the set up. The mini monitors are far better sounding than I thought they would be. Since I got the speakers about a week ago I haven't had a chance to calibrate them with Avia, which I'm doing this weekend. I tried the mini monitors as the main's for a while for music. I have to make speaker stands for the mini's as I have PSB's for rear at the moment on wall brakets. I don't think the wall brakets will hold the mini's so for the time being I'll use the small PSB's. The sub I use is the PSB 12" sub sonic 2i. Even without a sub the mini provide enough LFE not as good as a sub though but good enough.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks