Paradigm dealers in Toronto?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by MikeLG, Apr 26, 2004.

1. MikeLG

MikeLG Auditioning

I'm curious if anyone knows of any nice retailers in the Toronto area that carry Paradigm and other high-end speakers. I'll be travelling there in a few weeks and will have some time to kill, so I figure it might be worthwhile to stop by someplace to audition speakers. [​IMG]

2. john aprile

john aprile Agent

AUDIO ONE
    3200 Steeles Ave. West
    416-665-0749

This would be on the West side of the city. They carry ample “hi-end” [​IMG]

3. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Kromer Radio on Bathurst, nice rooms, good service.

B

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Bay Bloor Radio???

5. john aprile

john aprile Agent

6. PaulKoss

PaulKoss Agent

If you are interested in Paradigm Signatures, Kromer only has the S4s. They told me they don't want to bring in the S2s for listening beause then they have to carry the stock (!?). They have a higher end room upstairs but their bread and butter is automobile audio. Best to look up the dealers on the Paradigm web site and call ahead to see if they are carrying the speakers you are interested in.

7. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Mike,

If your driving to Toronto you may want make a stop at East Hamilton Radio in Hamilton. Its easy to get too off the QEW. You could hit it on the way in or home. I picked up my Studio 40/20/570 setup with a 15% discount and free speaker stands.

Kevin

8. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

I really wish Kromer carried more brands than it does. Paradigm is nice, but I don't think they carry the power amps to back them up (well they have Anthem, which goes hand in hand with Paradigm, but that's it. H/K, Onkyo, Yamaha for receivers. Blah).

Audio-One is nice, although their retail space is smaller, so the listening rooms aren't up to par. If you're downtown though, not far from the centre of the city is Brack Electronics, who carry everything from Sony receivers up to Krell/Levinson/micellaneous exotic stuff. And they rotate their setups quite frequently, so it's always fun to stop in and see what they have.

EDIT: They don't carry Paradigm, but it's a fun spot to sneak a peek anyways. [​IMG]

9. PaulKoss

PaulKoss Agent

Brack doesn't have Paradigm, but they do have Dynaudio. Very nice speakers but mucho dineiro. They have a couple of very high end rooms you can't even get into unless you arrive in a Porsche [​IMG], but they won't sneer at you if you pull up on a bicycle. Kromer carries Adcom as well as Anthem.