What's new

Paradigm dealers in Montreal area (1 Viewer)

Guyza

Stunt Coordinator
In ~ 3 weeks, I'll be in Montreal on business at Celestica. While there, I want to check out local Paradigm dealers for some Studio series.

The paradigm website requires you to enter a postal code for a dealer locator. I've been to the Canadian Post Office website and it's not very friendly when spitting out postal codes. It requires a street address entered but I don't know any street other than St. Catherine's!
Then, it only spits out one dealer nearest to that code.

It seems to work this way even with US zip codes. I have a dealer close to where I work and 6 miles from where I work but in a different town. The locator only gives me the dealer in my entered town with no other listings. I have to enter the next town's zip to get the dealer info who's only 6 miles away.

Some dealer locators will spit out all the dealers within a 25 mile radius, but not Paradigms.

It would be cool to get a complete list of postal codes in Montreal, Sherbrooke, etc for multiple website searches.

I want to call ahead to 4 or 5 dealers in the area to see who has 40's, 20's and CC in light cherry, in stock so I can cash and carry.

I'll be driving up from NH so Canadian towns along the way might be useful to. Sherbrooke would be a slight detour but to save $1000 US it would be worth it!

Thanks for any info!
Guy

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Guy, try typing in ONLY the first 2 characters of the postal code. For me if I type in "K2" instead of my entire postal code I get every dealer in Ottawa/Kanata/Orleans as well as Hull, approximately a 100Km radius. Actually the Hull dealer's postal code is J8 something so it does work great doing this.

I can say it's a small world. Since your visiting Celestica that just took over manufacturing for my company here. Interesting :)

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
I bought my Paradigms at Stereo Plus but I don't think they carry the Studio Series, maybe special orders though... But for you that won't do.

There's a place called Radio St-Hubert (Go to http://wwww.plaza-st-hubert.com and use the search engine there for contact info) I believe they carry the studio line.

Guyza

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks James and Martin.

I've contacted dealers and they quote MSRP over the phone and when pushed for a better price, they stand firm. I did get one dealer to admit that "there's room for movement" on the prices.

What kind of movement can I expect? 5% off? 10,15,20%? He wouldn't say.

Just curious as I'm not looking for the ULTIMATE bargain basement deal but would like to haggle some and make the dealer squirm at least a little bit.

Thanks for any CAD price tips,
Guy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks