Paradigm dealers in Montreal area

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Guyza, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Guyza

Guyza Stunt Coordinator

In ~ 3 weeks, I'll be in Montreal on business at Celestica. While there, I want to check out local Paradigm dealers for some Studio series.

The paradigm website requires you to enter a postal code for a dealer locator. I've been to the Canadian Post Office website and it's not very friendly when spitting out postal codes. It requires a street address entered but I don't know any street other than St. Catherine's!
    Then, it only spits out one dealer nearest to that code.

It seems to work this way even with US zip codes. I have a dealer close to where I work and 6 miles from where I work but in a different town. The locator only gives me the dealer in my entered town with no other listings. I have to enter the next town's zip to get the dealer info who's only 6 miles away.

Some dealer locators will spit out all the dealers within a 25 mile radius, but not Paradigms.

It would be cool to get a complete list of postal codes in Montreal, Sherbrooke, etc for multiple website searches.

I want to call ahead to 4 or 5 dealers in the area to see who has 40's, 20's and CC in light cherry, in stock so I can cash and carry.

I'll be driving up from NH so Canadian towns along the way might be useful to. Sherbrooke would be a slight detour but to save $1000 US it would be worth it!

Thanks for any info!
    Guy

2. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

Guy, try typing in ONLY the first 2 characters of the postal code. For me if I type in "K2" instead of my entire postal code I get every dealer in Ottawa/Kanata/Orleans as well as Hull, approximately a 100Km radius. Actually the Hull dealer's postal code is J8 something so it does work great doing this.

I can say it's a small world. Since your visiting Celestica that just took over manufacturing for my company here. Interesting [​IMG]

3. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

I bought my Paradigms at Stereo Plus but I don't think they carry the Studio Series, maybe special orders though... But for you that won't do.

There's a place called Radio St-Hubert (Go to http://wwww.plaza-st-hubert.com and use the search engine there for contact info) I believe they carry the studio line.

4. Guyza

Guyza Stunt Coordinator

Thanks James and Martin.

I've contacted dealers and they quote MSRP over the phone and when pushed for a better price, they stand firm. I did get one dealer to admit that "there's room for movement" on the prices.

What kind of movement can I expect? 5% off? 10,15,20%? He wouldn't say.

Just curious as I'm not looking for the ULTIMATE bargain basement deal but would like to haggle some and make the dealer squirm at least a little bit.

Thanks for any CAD price tips,
    Guy