What's new

Paradigm Cinima 110 CT (1 Viewer)

MichaelPR

Second Unit
No offense man but you are really ripping yourself off. By not even thinking about buying online you are not getting the best for your money. I have owned the PDR10 and it is truly an awful subwoofer. It gives out some pretty bloated bass. I like the Titans but you should also get them for your surrounds if you refuse to look at online brands. You really really really need to check out an SVS PB10ISD or higher for your low end. And on those speakers you are really wasting your money on the wires. You can purchase many quality interconnects from online retailers. I'm sorry if I sound like a jerk I just hate to see you make similar mistakes I made when I was first starting out. I had the almost identical equipment you have right now. And for almost the same money I have an amazing Swan/SVS combo that outperforms my old setup for the same price. Do yourself a favor and return some of that stuff!! Don't let 6ave swindle you on Monster Wires.

satishK

Grip
I would like to take your sincere advices, I really appreciate it.

From the Spearker wire cost of $373, $90 is for the high quality banana plugs for speaker wires, which I will be returning. I think I shldnt have purchased it.

Isnt power bar needed to have good & clean signals or I have to return that and take a lower model which is around $120, pls let me know ? or I dont need a power bar ?

Regarding the ADP's for surround, arent they good since they have that dipole technology ?

So according to ur recommendattion:

I shld have

Mini Monitors for Mains
CC-370 for center
Titans for Surround ?

Regarding the subwoofer, I really need help here, I can only exchange the PDR-10 to some brands which 6ave carries, pls let me know if PDR-12 is good or any brand which u guys know 6ave carries around the price range of $450.

I can exchange the above speakers to the models u guys have suggested, but only abt the subwoofer I am worried bcos I will have to take something they carry.

Pls let me know

SteveCallas

Second Unit
Ok now you're on the right track. You don't need any kind of power bar. Speaker wire can still be purchased for much cheaper at a hardware store. Dipole technology for surrounds was created mainly for Pro Logic use and I would only use it if I had a small room and the speakers were right against my back wall. Get the Titans and place them a few feet behind you, a few feet to the side of you, and a foot or two above you. Have them aimed at each other. As for the sub, I have no idea what brands 6ave carries. I would guess a lower model Velodyne would be better than the Paradigm.

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Many prefer just straight up speakers in the rear as opposed to dipoles. I myself got some dipoles from Swan because they were cheaper than the 2.1s and that's all I could afford. You should have a surge protector...but honestly you can just pick up a decent one from home depot for $15 or less. I would also bring back all that other monster wire too. It's just way way way too much money to invest in wires for speakers that aren't even sensitive enough to note any changes. And there probably won't be any changes between the stuff you purchased or blue jeans cablwe or even home depot cable. The PDR12 is almost identical to the PDR10 it just reproduces the same bloated bass even louder. I know Paradigm makes a higher brand Subwoofer that I believe 6 ave carries. If you return the ADPs and get another pair of Titans for surrounds you can use that left over money to purchase a better sub.

satishK

Grip
Hi Guys,

I am going to make some changes to the setup which I have purchased, with the below setup:

Monitor3 for Mains
CC-370 for center channel
Titans for surround
PS-1000 for subwoofer

Yamaha RX-V1500 receiver
Yamaha DVD-S550 as DVD player

Toshiba 57" 57H84 rear projection TV.

Pls let me know if the above setup is good enough for the price..

Awaiting ur replies
Regards,
Satish

MichaelPR

Second Unit
I think this is more like it. I do feel however that you are not getting the most for your money when you decide not to look at internet brands. The most important thing is how does it sound to you? Listen to what it sounds like. Also I would not purchase the Yamaha player. I would look into purchasing Either a Panasonic S77 or an OPPO.

satishK

Grip
Michael, are u mentioning abt Panasonic DVD-S77S ?

In OPPO any specific model ?

Also by using titans as rears it would be better rt ?

I do know internet brands will be good, but if its a store, atleast I can hear something, thats the only issue, else I have no complains abt internet brands..

The above setup will sound better than bose atleast rt ?

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Yeah that is the Panasonic model I am talking about. It is very popular(I just ordered one) It also does upconversion over HDMI. The Oppo is a brand www.oppodigital.com. Alot of people like this to for their upconversion abilities. Good players for around $200. Using the titans as rears is much better because you are saving alot of money. I really can't recommend that you check out www.theaudioinsider.com. They sell Swan speakers. The sound is very comparable to that of a certain $800 B&W speaker. I replaced my Paradigm setup with these speakers and they are truly amazing. I use the 2.1s($299), C3(currently $250 on open box), and R2s for rears($250), and an SVS PB10($400). So that came to about $1200 when all was said and done. Your setup will sound much better than Bose. I just know that the Paradigm centers haven't been reviewed well(I don't care for them either). Thats why I'm trying to teer you toward teh Swans because the center is so amazing.

SteveCallas

Second Unit
This setup will be much better than your initial setup for about the same price (don't know how much extra that sub will cost you), and it will literally take a crap on the Bose setup. I can understand you fear of internet brands, but at least with the subs you should be pretty safe. SVS subwoofers have been reviewed by sooooo many people online, 99% of them have been beyond satisfied. The owners are stand up guys and if you decided you didn't care for it, I'm sure you'd have no problems sending it back.

Either way, your setup now is a lot better than the original Bose idea.

DavidCooper

Stunt Coordinator
That is a decent starter HT set up. Paradigm makes a good product you should be happy with that system.

The PS-1000 is a lot better IMO than the PDR sub. The only thing I would have done differently is going with all Mini-Monitors along with the CC-370. You would have very close to an exact timbre matched system, meaning all identical drivers and tweeter configuration.

However, the set up you have will give you great results.

satishK

Grip
Hi Guys,

I went to the store and heard the Monitor3 and Phantom side by side and liked the phantom over the monitor3. If I go with Phantom I would have to go with cc-270 as by doing that all the drivers are same ie of the phantom, titan and cc-270, hopefully giving a exact timbre matched system:

Below is the setup

Phantoms for mains
CC-270 for center channel
Titans for surround
PS-1000 for subwoofer

Yamaha RX-V1500 receiver
Panasonic 5 dvd changer ( forgot the model no , emds with some 8k)

Toshiba 57" 57H84 rear projection TV.
------------------------------------------------

Hope this is a good setup...Pls let me know

Regards,
Satish

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Now this is a major step backwards. The 270 is a very weak center. Were the phantoms hooked up to a different receiver??? This could be a possible reason as to why your heard this difference. I think you might want to do some more research on the audio visual aspects of home theater before you finalize your purchases. The monitors will give you a much better sound stage that will image much better than the phantoms. I know at 6 ave most of the time you can only listen to one speaker instead of the pair. Perhaps if you can listen to the pair you will hear what I mean by imaging. The sound stage will have more height and depth. The sounds will also sound as if they are coming from the middle of the two speakers and spreading out.

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Also is the Panasonic an upconverter with HDMI out? If I were you thats the direction I'd be heading. Do you need to purchase all of this stuff from 6ave?

satishK

Grip
Michael,
The pahntoms were hooked up to yamaha rxv1500 reeiver and i heard the pairs of Phantoms and monitor3 side by side, hooked up to the same receiver.

I was trying to hear only these speakers without any other centrer or rear or subwoofer and the phantom was sounding beter than monitor3, hence I thought phantom might be good.

I went with monitor3 and cc-370 in mind, but the when i heard phantom which was more expensive than monitor3 , thought to go that route and had to choose 270 bcos the drivers of 270 match with phantom, so now am wondering what to do now ??

Ya I will have to purchase all the stuff from 6ave.. as i have already paid for it and got a package price thats why...

Is the above setup very bad ???

DavidCooper

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Michael. Moving down to the CC-270 isn't a step forward here. The 370 is a much better center channel. I would stay in the monitor line.

Go listen to an all Mini-Monitor set up with the 370 and the PS-1000. That would be a great system. You should at least hear that set up before you make your final purchase.

satishK

Grip
I had heard the titans and mini monitor side by side by could not find much of a difference before hence had decided to stay with titans initially when I had decided to keep the titans as mains...

If i have mini- monitors all around I think it will cross my budget.

Also as u had said if I keep titans with monitors, the drivers wont be exact matched... so am wondering what to do

Bcos.--- With monitor series it better to be with 370 as the drivers match and if with phantom etc it matches with 270, but as u have said the 270 is bad, now thats what is making me think now ... what to go for in my budget from 6ave...

I will try and see the monitor series

DavidCooper

Stunt Coordinator
If your trying to stay under your budget you could go with the Mini-Monitors up front along with the CC-370 center channel. The PS-1000 sub and get a pair of Atoms for surrounds. YES, I said Atoms. They are a great speaker for the money and will do a good job as surrounds. Keep them until you can afford to get another pair of Mini's and sell the Atoms on ebay. You will get close to what you paid for them. Atoms move like crazy on ebay. I know this first hand I sold of 2 pair of Atoms and they didn't last a day each.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks