1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Paradigm Cinema vs. Energy Take 5

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James_C, Aug 23, 2001.

1. James_C

James_C Agent

What is your opinion on the Paradigm Cinema and the Energy Take 5.2 sat/sub systems??? Is there any other sat/sub systems that are comparable??

2. Reza_A

Reza_A Extra

James,
    How about polk RM 7500 series or def. tech pro series?
    have you been to progressive audio, genesis, audio encounters? they do have some nice system.

3. James_C

James_C Agent

Thank you for your info. Since you are from Columbus where are these stores? Any other suggestions??

4. James_C

James_C Agent

Are these two systems good for an entry level person?? I have JVC 8000 receiver, sony DVD player, and Infinity speakers. Will these systems be worth the money?? They will sound better than my Infinities right???

5. Reza_A

Reza_A Extra

James,
    to look at their location just go to their website.
    Progressive audio is on high street accross ohio state campus. www.progressiveaudio.com www.audiogenesis.com www.audioencounters.com
    you may want also to check circuit city. they have polk and infinity.
    well in my opinion, the above speakers are better than infinity (depends on what infinity do you have).

6. James_C

James_C Agent

7. Mike BB

Mike BB Auditioning

Haven't heard the Energy, but for a little more money than the Paradigm Cinema system, I'd step up to 4 Paradigm Atoms($180pr), CC-170($200), and PDR-10($300) or Sony WAM-40($200) for the sub. For $750-$850 plus whatever discount your dealer will offer, you've got a pretty nice setup. IMHO if you listen to any music, the Atoms are a much better choice than the Cinema series.
    Mike

8. Curtis_Edwards

Curtis_Edwards Stunt Coordinator

I used to have the Def Tech Pro Cinema series and they were outstanding IMO. I have since upgraded to Paradigm Reference Active series speakers.
    As a starting point, Def Tech Pro Cinema series (80, 100, or 200) are outstanding and prices can be very affordable.

9. Ray Tsui

Ray Tsui Stunt Coordinator

Yes, definitely check out the Energy. Personally, I think the Energy is a more balanced speaker and a bit more dynamic than the Paradigms or Polk as mentioned here. I don't like the Definitive Technology ones at all (I've auditioned the 100's) personally but of course, you will have to judge for yourself.
    Either sets are great entry level speakers so you really won't go wrong with either. Paradigm and Energy's consistently make some of the best values and accurate speakers out there.

10. JamesMartin

JamesMartin Extra

Wow, I am happy to see some other people from Columbus in this forum. Kinda suprised but happy [​IMG] It is funny you mentioned Audio Encounters cause I live right down the street from there.
    Have either one of you guys went to Audio Encounters and listened to the Klipsch Quintet with the KSW-10? If so what did you think of it? I think they have it for 900.00 or so but I got mine off the net for $575.00. I really like it alot. I just like the sound better than the take 5 system.
    James

11. James_C

James_C Agent

I will have to go test drive the Klipsch Quintet at Audio Encounters. I can't make up my mind. I have so many systems on my plate (Paradigm Cinema and Atoms, Energy Take 5.2, Klipsch Quintet, Def Tech Pro Cinema, etc., etc,) I need help!! [​IMG]

12. Reza_A

Reza_A Extra

James,
    you may want to go to audio genesis to try out the paradigm cinema series. They are an authorized paradigm dealer. But' you wanna want to check first if they have cinema series on demo.
    I'll also debating on energy, paradigm, and polk.
    can't make up my mind yet.