Paradigm Cinema Series

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Howard_S, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Howard_S

Howard_S Supporting Actor

I'm looking to build a small HT upstairs and came across the Paradigm Cinema series. Are they any good? They seem to have gotten great reviews as budget speakers. But I haven't heard too much about people here having them.

2. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

Howard,

Last week I installed a HT for my sister and brother-in-law. I was really impressed with the sound these little speakers can put out. They bought a PDR-10 sub to complete their system. (But I think the PDR-8 is the recomended sub for the Cinema Series)

My HT consist of all Paradigm Monitor speakers, so I knew that Paradigm did things right. My sis and her husband were going to buy a Bose AM whatever, they got this setup for about $400 less, and it sounds better.

3. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    They are very little speakers but great for the size much like the Energy Take5. Can't tell you which is better, but I can say that I prefer the Def Tech Satelites over both of these.

4. Howard_S

Howard_S Supporting Actor

I'm sticking with Paradigms. Just don't know which line to buy. Of course I would love to buy everything reference but for the system upstairs that's a bit much.