Paradigm Cinema 110 CT dealer pricing concern

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by VinhT, Apr 30, 2005.

1. VinhT

VinhT Second Unit

A friend recently purchased the Cinema 110 CT package. The MSRP for the set is $800. The dealer knocked off a whopping $10, claiming that the package is already pre-discounted from Paradigm. Does that sound right? I always thought that 10% off was the bare minimum. I actually feel bad for having referred my friend to that particular store because in addition to paying pretty much full retail, he was not treated well.

So here is my dilemma. If the pricing is not out of line, then I can put up with the customer service and go get me some Paradigm goodies. But, if the pricing does not seem right, then I have absolutely no incentive to purchase anything from that store.

Thoughts?

2. MichaelPR

MichaelPR Second Unit

For that amount of money you could buy some Swans which will dominate that speaker package. I just bought 2.1s to replace my Titans...and man what a speaker!

3. Legairre

Legairre Supporting Actor

I always use a dealer in MA even though I'm in CT. The dealer that's closest to me in CT actually tried to tell me the price of a pair of studio 100 went up $300 from $2300 to $2600, but he could give me 15% off. I called my dealer in MA and he said the Studio 100 v3 are $2300 not $2600 and he would give me the usual 15% off the $2300.

So beware some dealers are snakes.

PM me and I'll give you my dealer in MA that will give you 15% off without haggling.